Thread: Opinions on AA Raptor regs

Opinions on AA Raptor regs

Looking at putting a reg on 1 of my tanks so i can crank it and rep on my classic Rt

This seems to be the most reasonbly priced adj. reg if found, and 1 of the few pieces of pball equip. that i havent owned. Opinions good and bad would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas

Cheapest ive found is here. Anybody order from these guys before?
    http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/c-...r-america.aspx

They were good regs. Everything AA made was top notch. They are SS, so they aren't light, and you will require a Raptor cradle for it. That's the big one for me - I prefer the simplicity of preset screw-in bottles these days.

My biggest complaint about the Raptor is the lack of on/off. The only way to shut off air from the tank is to turn the adjustment screw all they way out or have an inline ball valve or slide check.

If you do pick up an old reg like that, even if it's New Old Stock, make sure you tear it down and relube everything. I recently picked up a "new" dynaflow where all of the original grease had dried out and it looked like shredded twine in the regulator. Luckily I noticed that before the tank regulator failed, which would've dumped whatever pressure was in the tank straight into the gun. It's easier to regrease the reg, than pay for repairing anything that might get damaged if the tank fails.

I love how they're selling the entire reg cheaper than the rebuild kit.

Mmm, yes, the on/off issue. Had forgotten about that one, it's been so many years.

You know, if AA Apoc2k regs are still floating around on the cheap, that would be a better route in many ways.

I use them on all of my mags. You can get them pretty cheap N.O.S. off ebay now. Really gets the RT effect going.

Also note that there is no output pressure gauge on them, so you'll need to add that somewhere.