Thread: "Forcing" an stiffer spring.

"Forcing" an stiffer spring.

Hey everyone. Newbie to mags as well as the forum, so bear with me. I purchased a used Tac One some months ago, and I'm finally getting around to tuning it and playing with it more. I've found that the level 10 bolt didn't prevent much chopping with the shortest spring, so I installed the medium spring. This however has it chuffing at times when chrono'd at around 260. I know that people usually set their marker to the spring stiffness that they can get away with and not the other way around, but as I said before, the shortest spring doesn't seem to do the trick. Is there a way to force a spring size up without raising the velocity?

Also, I've been finding that the velocity likes to turn itself out throughout the day, any way to prevent this?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Does you bolt still have the fomie in it? Little black rubber center they eventually come off. If you lose that it can break alot of paint.

I have never heard of the velocity adjuster backing out on a mag so i would take it out and check to see if the oring is still on it.

Yeah, the foamie is still in and in good condition. And to disassemble the valve do you just screw the velocity adjustor all the way out?

No. that will let you access the reg piston and springs. to disassemble the valve you degas the marker, then unscrew the thumb screw from the back of the trigger frame and the valve will come out with a little twist. The valve comes apart in the middle it screws together.

This is the break down of a Retro/Xvalve.
    http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/down...oexploded1.pdf