Thread: help , tac-one help

help , tac-one help

hello guys , i wish for some help with this marker ive bought a tac-one new had it shiped all the way to ontario , and had nothing but problems with it , first the field strip screw and how if its two tight or two loose wont allow it to fire , now i fixed that now the bolt sticks ive soaked up all the info on the carriers and shims to adjust and tune the bolt and nothing my head feels like it wants to expolde , ive owned the gun since mid november and i havvent shot it once dou to this issue , i would call agd but work has me working there hours two , at this point i just want to gun to work

Love that moniker , hook up with this guy he's from the GWN too ; athomas

Where abouts in Ontario are ya bud? GTA??

I'm sure we can get it working for you.

So, this is a brand new stock Tac-One?
    Does it have a ULT or retro on-off assembly?

Have you made sure the pim on the bottom of the body is not hitting the bottom of the rail hole? It shouldn't, but it should be checked just in case a machining tolerance issue isn't to blame.

If you are using a ULT, use 3 ULT shims to start. Make sure you are using ULT shims and not level 10 shims. You can use level 10 shims, but you need to be aware that ULT shims are 0.005" thick and level 10 shims are 0.01" thick.

Make sure you remove all the shims from the powertube before you start any adjustments. Install the short gold bolt spring. Then, install the largest carrier that does not produce a leak. Make sure you always use the same white carrier oring when changing carriers. The carriers are used to adjust the tension of the oring on the bolt stem, so it is important to use the same oring each time.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Iam in cambridge , yes i have the ult in it and thats for the advice ill give it a go soon when i got air

Start with athomas' suggestions, if that doesn't do it, shoot me a PM and ill give you my number, I'm only 20 minutes away.

Awsome thanks

athomas and a few other helpful maggers got me sorted out too. I started out with similar sorts of issues and after following the procedures it works fantastic now. As is OneSelfLost, I'm close by in Burlington if all else fails.

Good luck

hey guys awsome help i got it to go and it runs like a dream you guys are awsome

Good to hear you got it working.