Thread: Classic upgrade parts query

Classic upgrade parts query

I have a classic (L-7) Mag that I would like to upgrade to an X-valve. Can anyone advise as to what parts I need to order from AGD? I know the valve itself is pretty much a drop-in, but what about the sear assembly?
    Thanks in advance.

Just the valve. Everything else is interchangeable and no Co2. HP only with a X-Valve.

MOTY3
    It should also come new with the lvl X bolt installed, and you may have a choice of on/off assembly (RT or ULT). The bolt may also need to be "tuned" by you with supplied shims and carriers to take full advantage of the "anti chop" feature. You can find direction on how to do this here also.

Thanks loads; good to know. I have no problem tuning the new L-X, I was just concerned mostly about the sear.

MOTY3
    I think the new X Valves from AGD come with a new AM/MM sear already ?

If you are using the old style AM/MM sear, without the bearing, I would not use the ULT system. I had a lot of trouble getting mine to work properly, such as not being able to achieve a high rate of fire and the gun wouldn't always recharge. When I put a RTP style rail (w/the bearing sear) on the gun it worked perfectly without any adjustments.
    That being said, an X-valve in the AM/MM rail with the RT pin will work great...

Quote Originally Posted by robander3
    If you are using the old style AM/MM sear, without the bearing, I would not use the ULT system. I had a lot of trouble getting mine to work properly, such as not being able to achieve a high rate of fire and the gun wouldn't always recharge. When I put a RTP style rail (w/the bearing sear) on the gun it worked perfectly without any adjustments.
    That being said, an X-valve in the AM/MM rail with the RT pin will work great...
    That's probably the way I'll go with it then. I don't want to start swapping out rails and bodies; might as well just buy a whole new gun if I do that.

or u can make a bush to suit a standard rail, this way its a lot smoother and takes out most of the side to side movement which is normally gives u the sticking problems

Quote Originally Posted by renie
    or u can make a bush to suit a standard rail, this way its a lot smoother and takes out most of the side to side movement which is normally gives u the sticking problems

How is this done? What sort of bushing, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by 38super
    How is this done? What sort of bushing, etc?

u can use an rt sear and modify it or drill out a standard sear to 1/4" them make a brass bush to go inside
    they are slightly thinner than the rt ones to fit inside a standard rail slot .