Thread: Dropping Pressure

Dropping Pressure

Simply said, my mag drops pressure if I start shooting to fast, and I can't shoot that fast because its mechanical. What the problem be? I have a classic minimag valve with no upgrades (beside an after market FPS adjuster). Also, if I turn the pressure to high (get the fps above 260) its starts leaking slightly out the back. Any specific o-rings I should change?

nine part video will tell you everything

you need to know about your mag
    http://youtu.be/vehPc7vuK20

You need a new reg piston. If your unable to get it above 260 without it purging then it's time for a new one.

A few things you could do would be removing your lvl 10 (if you have one) and reinstall your lvl 7 bolt system. The lvl 10 requires more pressure to operate which can cause the leak your experiencing.

Another would be temp fixing the piston you have now. There's a maintenance vid on how to do it on youtube. This is a temp fix and will allow you to play till your new part comes in.

Yes, it sounds like you definately need a new regulator piston. The older ones weren't set to handle the higher pressures required by the level 10 bolts systems. This can be exaggerated by the barrel that you are using. You can use the shorter gold spring to increase the velocity at a given chamber pressure.

Once you get that fixed, try it to see if it makes a difference with your velocity problem as well. Usually a velocity problem in a classic is caused by a worn regulator seat oring or a level 10 that is not tuned properly. If you have had the valve apart and the regulator seat oring is not new, then you should probably replace it anyway.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Ok thanks guys. And I've tried watching those videos, I really have. Just... ugh. I'd rather ask yall and learn about it as I go. I know all the major stuff already.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. There is a lot of knowledge here on AO to help you out.