Thread: reg piston classic RT

reg piston classic RT

I made the silly mistake of screwing in the velocity almost all the way because I couldnt get my gun firing at a decent velocity. Anyway eventually the gun ended up leaking high pressure out the back sounding like the gun firing at 20bps+. It was not a constant leak but a high frequency burst. (not a faint hist, but a ROAR as low as the gun firing or lowder)

Did I break something in part of the blow off valve or is there a part I can replace (or is it fine as long as I back off the velocity adjustment)?

(I know what the original problem was: the gun needed cleaning...I was just an idiot in a hurry....)

Thanks.

It sounds like you just turned the adjuster in WAY to far. Back it out and work on rechrono'ing the marker. If it still leaks after you back it out then you may need a reg piston.

The piston assembly did exactly what it was designed to do. It vented all pressure above a preset value in order to protect against extra high velocity spikes. Turn the velocity down to a safe level and it should be fine.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Well it went from a slow leak to a full pressure discharge, which leads me to believe I wrecked something.
    Would be nice to hear from a tech on this.

Turn it down and try it. A gush of air out the back is not a problem unless it doesn't go away when you turn it down. If it gushes out the back all the time, it might be the oring not the piston. I have never seen a piston assembly blow in my 20 years of working with mags. I have seen them get weak and start leaking at lower than normal pressure levels, but never full blown leaks at all pressures.

If the assembly did all of a sudden start a permanent leak, it is probably due to a piece of dirt getting caught in the seal when it did open. Try wetting it really well(inside the piston from the front), and blowing the air through it to see if it cleans it out.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    Turn it down and try it. A gush of air out the back is not a problem unless it doesn't go away when you turn it down. If it gushes out the back all the time, it might be the oring not the piston. I have never seen a piston assembly blow in my 20 years of working with mags. I have seen them get weak and start leaking at lower than normal pressure levels, but never full blown leaks at all pressures.

If the assembly did all of a sudden start a permanent leak, it is probably due to a piece of dirt getting caught in the seal when it did open. Try wetting it really well(inside the piston from the front), and blowing the air through it to see if it cleans it out.
    Thanks.

Its just I dont have any air to gas it up. Its -30 degrees here and paintball season is at least 2 months away if not 3 or 4 :P Just wanted to know if I should start ordering parts while its still the down season