Thread: Sear pin in Eclipse rail

Sear pin in Eclipse rail

Recently picked up an Eclipse kit, most of the marker. I took it apart. Used the sear and pin in another marker that is now gone.

Now Im putting it together and noticed the new sear pin doesnt fit in the rail. Remember seeing a small flat ground on the original sear pin but didnt think anything of it at the time.

Anybody know anything about this? Was it done this way for a reason or a mistake?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmag
    Recently picked up an Eclipse kit, most of the marker. I took it apart. Used the sear and pin in another marker that is now gone.

Now Im putting it together and noticed the new sear pin doesnt fit in the rail. Remember seeing a small flat ground on the original sear pin but didnt think anything of it at the time.

Anybody know anything about this? Was it done this way for a reason or a mistake?

Thanks!

I belive some of the pins didnt have enough chamfer on the end causing the pin to get stuck on the rail, u can wizz the end of the pin on a grinding wheel if its a bit tight

This one is actually a diameter problem, its too fat to fit in the slot, the old one had a flat ground on it lengthwise...so it would affect where the sear sits in the rail by about 1/32"

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmag
    This one is actually a diameter problem, its too fat to fit in the slot, the old one had a flat ground on it lengthwise...so it would affect where the sear sits in the rail by about 1/32"

you'll have to gring the pin then or use a smaller pin with a bush in the sear

Grind a flat on each end of the pin. You can do that with a dremel. Make sure you only grind off enough to ensure a tight fit. You don't want the pin moving around.

I had no idea that these rails had that problem/difference. I guess it is imperative that you put the pin into the rail in the proper orientation, or you won't get any performance at all.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.