Thread: Classic that rts???

Classic that rts???

So I've noticed a few times playing around with my classic valve mag with the benchmark dbl trigger setup can rt at times, usually only for a dbl shots but a few times 3 to 4. I thought this wasnt possible, and ya i know it not great cuz i did notice slight drop in height of shots compared to traditional trigger pulls. Can I take better advantage of this and if so how so.

thanks fellas

Quote Originally Posted by mogli
    So I've noticed a few times playing around with my classic valve mag with the benchmark dbl trigger setup can rt at times, usually only for a dbl shots but a few times 3 to 4. I thought this wasnt possible, and ya i know it not great cuz i did notice slight drop in height of shots compared to traditional trigger pulls. Can I take better advantage of this and if so how so.

thanks fellas
    i had a similar situation but it was more like a double feed one shot good one shot dropped off all due to the ball detent

Usually, this is caused by the bolt not quite catching on the sear. The benchmark triggers can have some wobble in them and this can cause the trigger to not be as precise as it needs to be and can exaggerate the issue of the sear/bolt slippage. I suspect that you will find that the sear tip and/or bolt lip are rounded a tiny bit. If this is the case, you should look at replacing the sear if it is rounded. The bolt may be ok, but you will need to evaluate it.

The cause could also be associated with a leak in the on-off area. Does the gun leak out the front at all when you fire and hold the trigger in?

The Classic valve is fast, but it can't recharge fast enough to be reactive and maintain usable velocity.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Your on/off pin may be upside down as well, Ive done that and had the valve "RT" except you lose velocity on each shot, so it's not any use in a game unless yer point blank

The on/off is not upside down to my knowledge, but i'll have a look see and I'll look at the sear/bolt wear when i got her apart.

I don't think the gun leaks if i do that I'll try later today or tomorrow when i play

gun does not leak when the trigger is held in after firing.

gun does not leak when the trigger is held in after firing.
    That's a good indication that the on-off orings are good.

What happens when you slowly release the trigger in a controlled manner? Does the bolt properly engage the sear? Are there any leak sounds as it engages?

I'll try that next, would the fact that its an aftermarket bolt have anything to do with it? Its an old brass coated 10 hole bolt.

I'll try that next, would the fact that its an aftermarket bolt have anything to do with it? Its an old brass coated 10 hole bolt.
    It could affect the operation. There were some venturi bolts on the market that did cause issues.