Thread: Air America Apocalypse reg feeding tank pressure to gun

Air America Apocalypse reg feeding tank pressure to gun

Basically as the title states. I have an Apocalypse tank regulator that I bought used. It is/was in fair shape. I put it on a 92/45 Crossfire tank and it worked fine for the first three fills. Those fills were to 2800psi on a cascade setup just for test firing and messing around. Then I took it to the field and filled it to 4000psi (off a compressor) and when I turned it on it blew my macro fitting & hose off the reg. I bled the tank by cracking the on/off, replaced my fitting and hose, and refilled the tank. I turned the pressure adjuster all the way down till it was almost falling off so I was sure the reg wasn't set too high, but the second I turned the reg on it did the same thing again and blew my fitting & line off slicing my hand.

What could cause it to feed full tank pressure when the adjuster was backed off all the way? Do Apocalypse's have an overpressure burst disk on the output side? Should I get a braided steel line and run it as is (it's on a Classic RT)?

That type of pressure would be epic on a RT but all kidding aside.

First, try resting your reg seat pin by pushing down on the pin valve on the bottle side of the reg a few 20-50 times. The pin might have cocked to the side or you might have gotten something stuck between the reg seat and the pin causing your leak.

If that doesn't fix it you can always rebuild the reg. You'll see a hollow allen screw at the top of the bottle portion of the regulator.

MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETLY DE-GAS THE TANK!!!

Remove that set screw, pull the guts and you'll see a rubbery seal. Make sure there isn't anything stuck in there like dirt, teflon tape...etc. If the reg seat looks ok then clean out the cavity to include all the parts and reinstall. If the reg seat is FUBAR you can replace it with a classic mag reg seat. If you don't have one and the other side of the reg seat you pullED out of the tank is ok. You might be able to just flip it around and go from there.

Here's a parts break down.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/manuals/...Armageddon.pdf

Thanks a lot. The PDF is for an Armagedon, but I found the Apocalypse...I hadn't thought of MCB. Looks like it does have a burst disk...that didn't work. I had a 1200psi gauge on the output side and it broke that, wrapped the band spring all around the inside of the gauge like a ribbon.

O.o

My bad

The Apocalypse regs are a little more in-dept. They're not that hard to open up either so...

Enjoy.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/manuals/...Apocalypse.pdf