Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO Community Project: Valve Number Registration

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    So you think my E-Tac should go in the Emag category, even though it started off as an X-valved Tac-One Longbow before I added Emag lowers? If that was the case, then a valve could be registered once as a mech, and then would have to be moved to a different category once Emag lowers were added.

I have to disagree. I think for simplicity's sake, since the valve is the only part of the gun with a serial number, then for anything other than an X-mag or SFL we need to concentrate on registering and categorizing the valve first, and then describing what marker surrounds it second. I.E., we should have a list for Emag valves, RT-Pro valves, ReTro valves, RT-X valves, X-Valve valves, and X valves. Once the valve info is put in the database, then add the details for the rest of the marker.
    If you look at DM's thread, he just broke it down by Valve. I think it's fine to track Xmags and SFLs by the valve until someone decides to part it becase there is no other way to do it. then maybe you'd have to add an asterisk because we are tracking the body at that point (I think ).

Trying to track all the other iterations that an Automag can take will get problemmatic.

Xmags have had valves exchanged before as well. A valve is just a valve. It can go into any mag. Its not the valve that makes one mag different from another. Its the body and frame it is installed in.

Most people don't part them, and if they do, its easy to find the serial numbers in the list if they are alphabetical/numerically listed. It is up to the current owner to list the valve in the proper place and remove it from any other existing location.

You don't want to track all mags by their iterations. You only want to track the valves. If its not an emag, it should only be listed by valve.
    Last edited by athomas; 06-29-2012 at 06:32 AM.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    So you think my E-Tac should go in the Emag category, even though it started off as an X-valved Tac-One Longbow before I added Emag lowers? If that was the case, then a valve could be registered once as a mech, and then would have to be moved to a different category once Emag lowers were added.
    Yes. When you purchase(d) an emag from AGD all they did was add whatever body you wanted onto an emag. The rails were the same ones as the retro. The body was the same. When the X-valves came out, even the valves were the same. So, by adding emag lowers to your gun, you did the same as would have been done at AGD if you had purchased an E-Tac. Its no different. Therefore, at this time, it should be registered as an E-mag with tac-one upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny5
    Exactly. I can't remember why AGD changed it. Off to the archives!!!
    This is a conversation I had with Tom about the numbering.

John Bonot
    Quick question for you Tom

What did the "CF" in the Classic Valve serial numbers mean?

December 15, 2011Tom Kaye
    Nothing, we just added letters so it would look good and you couldn't tell what actual serial number we were on.

December 15, 2011John Bonot
    ROFL, very nice....So the "RT" "EM" "VV" etc...valves were done the same way?

December 15, 2011Tom Kaye
    Well after the first series we tried to add letters that mean something, sort off...

I bought the dust pewter X-Mag off of Enemy a couple of years ago, updated the list to reflect and added a pic (row #308)

am I blind or no classics on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    am I blind or no classics on the list?
    Too many valves to properly classify and keep track of.

bummer. i would love a classic valve decoder

Any new owners?

small update

XT00127 added. Found on Ebay if anyone is interested. Gloss Black with Warp RIGHT breach.

Seems odd that Euro (non CNC) Xmags don't feature on the list?

The left column should show if it is a CnC, STD, or SFL.

i added alittle to the chart and changed some stuff that is now what i own.

i have a STD euro xmag. it was gloss black and was owned last by littleshwade, it came with an x-valve. other then that i have no idea where to put this STD xmag.

**EDIT, i added emax valve identification area on the x-valve section.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 12-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Went looking for this thread and found it on page 7!

Here's a vote for a good resource like this to be sticky'd.

I have nothing fancy. Added my stuff.

Added my original owner Xmag to the list. I have a few other mags I can add later.

Added my Standard Emag EM00135 to the list.

I've owned Gloss Pewter X-Mag XT00279 for a while now. Updated it.

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM