Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hotels and lodging

Just booked the last 2 Queen room they had at the I-80 - had to get a handicapped room since everything else was sold out.

Styg
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

MOTY3
    Styg are you saying everything at the I-80 Hampton Inn is sold out for May ? Does anyone know if you have to prepay to reserve rooms or can you just give them a CC # to hold your room ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Styg are you saying everything at the I-80 Hampton Inn is sold out for May ? Does anyone know if you have to prepay to reserve rooms or can you just give them a CC # to hold your room ?
    They still have King bed rooms at the I-80, but I got one of the last 2 Queen bed rooms. Depending how much you pay - you can get the rooms for about $10-20.00 cheaper a night if you pay now with no ability to cancel, or you can pay a little extra and cancel up to 6pm the day of your arrival. at which point they don't charge you until you arrive.

Styg

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore View Post
    can anyone suggest some camping destinations near CPX?
    Thanks

Styg
    Check out the LL7 Lodging page. There's an "Off Site Camping" tab. I've never been to any of them. So, I can't really give you any recommendations. But, at least you can see where they are in relation to CPX.

MOTY3
    Booked...I'm in...Hampton Inn I-80.

I see CPX has first come first server camping - Anyone know if there is a charge to camp there? And will there be any spaces left Friday to camp, or will they most likely fill up Thursday before the pump/pistol events?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Styg

Booked a few rooms at the Hampton I-80, and I started a thread for those camping so we can get a roped off a section of dirt for AO, BEO, and others associated to be able to camp near each other and hopefully have a good location to get into the filed of play.

Please add to that thread if you are planning on camping so we can hopefully cordon off enough space.

Styg

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore View Post
    I see CPX has first come first server camping - Anyone know if there is a charge to camp there? And will there be any spaces left Friday to camp, or will they most likely fill up Thursday before the pump/pistol events?
    Camping is free. There will probably be plenty of room in at least one of the camping areas. If you know how many tents you plan on bringing, Zac and I will save room for you in the AO Army area. I think we have that in a different post, though.

So is EVERYONE at the Hampton Inn on I-80 then? 'Cuz they're booked up.

There's some rooms at the Hampton Inn on I-55 still available, and also at the Wingate. I'm leaning toward the Wingate because it's closer to CPX, has good reviews, and I have a corporate discount code making it cheaper than the Hampton. (The promo codes on the LL7 website aren't working for booking at Hampton online).

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    So is EVERYONE at the Hampton Inn on I-80 then? 'Cuz they're booked up.

There's some rooms at the Hampton Inn on I-55 still available, and also at the Wingate. I'm leaning toward the Wingate because it's closer to CPX, has good reviews, and I have a corporate discount code making it cheaper than the Hampton.
    I wouldn't worry too much about where you're staying. I use the hotel for sleeping, showering, and breakfast. I don't do much socializing there, except occasionally during breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    (The promo codes on the LL7 website aren't working for booking at Hampton online).
    It actually shows up in the corporate account code. I thought it wasn't working at first, too.

Okay, I got it to work on the corporate code field, not the promo code. Still, it's $114 for a double queen and the Hampton on I-55 is 30 minutes from the field. The Wingate is 20 minutes and is still only $111 (negligible price difference, but cutting that extra 10 minutes off the drive would be nice).

I'm with you - when I went to D-Day in 2012, we camped. Some in our group had hotel rooms, but they were only used for hot showers and sleeping on a bed. All other times everyone was at our camp anyway, shooting the breeze. I figure that's what LL7 will be like to a lesser extent.

Ochsy and I are now booked at the Wingate. Not registered yet, but I guess this means we're officially going now. Baby steps. lol

Just a heads up. I had to add another night for the Hampton Inn (I-80) for Thursday. Online said it was sold out, but I called direct and they were able to find me a room. Not sure if it will help anyone...

If anyone needs a room for Saturday night, I just canceled mine at the Wingate yesterday afternoon. Double queen. FYI

MOTY3
    Well the wife talked me into switching hotels to save some money via Priceline (thanks W. Shatner) so we are now at the Holiday Inn on I-80. We were at the Hampton until last week.