Thread: flying vs driving

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

flying vs driving

for those of you who have flown before how do you get your gear there, ship it ups/fed ex or let TSA play with it and pay the extra baggage fees?

I shipped everything in a box to Topgun UPS (set it up with them ahead of time).

While I was at UPS I paid for a return shipping label and stuck it inside the box.

It was more expensive then If I'd just paid the airline, and the box almost didnt hold together on the return trip.

If I can make it this year I'm paying the airline.

Where are you coming from Vintage?

I have driven to and flown to events. Its all a matter of the time more than anything(unless you don't trust your vehicle, though you can always rent a cheap vehicle). You can ship your stuff to one of us locals or even the field.

Wagoner Oklahoma, its a 2 day drive which by myself is a bit less than desirable and makes for a 7 day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    Wagoner Oklahoma, its a 2 day drive which by myself is a bit less than desirable and makes for a 7 day trip.
    Oklahoma, send your stuff a head of you and fly out.

You have a couple choices on where to fly into. Atlantic City, Newark, Philly, Delaware to name a few. The real key to flying in is if you want to rent a car. Ask Alan, he has done it before. Look at coming in early Friday but leave on Monday. Staying over but cleaning up before leaving will be worth the extra day. But if no car, it will be slightly harder to get you ariund, but you can see who else is coming and possibly buddy up with them, if flights coincide with each other.

keep in mind you will ABSOLUTELY need a vehicle in NJ.