Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IS AGD still in business??

IS AGD still in business??

I have called both phone numbers and have gotten no answer only a machine ? Are they still in business? I sure hope so as they were/are a kick @$$ company.
    I'm wanting to send in my older 68 Automag to get a refresh ( new seals springs etc.) as well as if they have made any updates to it. Or if its to old I could possibly convert it to the X-Valve back half?? I unfortunately haven't played in a few years thus she has sat in her case for a long while now. But life has moved in a better direction and I can't wait to get out there on the field again. Any thoughts info whirl be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by DESMO1198s; 11-14-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Yes AGD is still alive and kicking. There main webpage tends to have issues from time to time. I generally deal with tuna for new parts.

Off topic but where you from in IL? I ask because a few of us here are in different parts of the state. I'm in the southern part myself.

I can fix it all up for you. Email me. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Yes AGD is still alive and kicking. There main webpage tends to have issues from time to time. I generally deal with tuna for new parts.
    Are they? I know they never went out of business, but didn't know they had inventory on anything but rebuild kits and small parts. What can you still get from them? Do they have any brand new X valves?

I wish someone from AGD could jump on and set the record straight.

AGD is officially still a company, though it exists in a few boxes of parts in Romans (?) garage now.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    AGD is officially still a company, though it exists in a few boxes of parts in Romans (?) garage now.
    There you go shooting your mouth off again at something you obviously know nothing about.

Never stopped him before, why should it now?

Honestly, this is what I thought.

I keep hearing AGD is still in business over and over. Why is it such a sensitive subject? I mean, like, people are in total disbelief that a paintball company quietly fades away without a catastrophic bankruptcy, burning a bunch of people with a final junk marker made overseas, or taking the money and running.

AGD was a great company in their prime (and local to where I grew up) but when they moved locations from wheeling to carey I suspect it was to someone's house.

So does AGD:
    Still sell complete markers? Or at least a complete xvalve?
    Do they have an office space?
    Do they still have the machines and are using them for more profitable purposes then paintball?
    Do they still service markers?

I can never get a straight answer. Don't they or didn't they at one time own this website? I know Tom pops in once in a blue moon. Does anyone else that works there ever pop in? Id love to hear it direct from the source.

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post

So does AGD:
    Still sell complete markers? Or at least a complete xvalve?
    Yes they sell complete guns and Xvalves. It is just that with the used market, because of the quality of product, the value is cheaper than getting new parts. This also goes to thd modular design, so an individual can buy the pieces that they want to build their gun versus starting with a new complete gun THEN adding in the pieces they want.

Do they have an office space?
    You do not need an office to run a company. At most, a desk with a computer, a phone & a space to store finished products is all you need.

Do they still have the machines and are using them for more profitable purposes then paintball?
    If they are still making product, then it is assumed that they still have machines. But, when TK left, it is equally assumable that the machines where sold off and products are being made 3rd party, if the machines where sold off to recoup moneys lost. So it is a good question but as long as new product is still being made, and adheres to the normal AGD quality, does it matter where it came from?

Do they still service markers?
    In all honesty, making a product and servicing a product can be 2 different things. Tuna is a certified AGD tech. BigEvil was taught by Tuna as well as learning a few things on his own, to be considered as good as a certified tech. With that, the 2 people mentioned can aptly handle any and all needs of servicing that you could want or need. The guns are easy to work on(testament to TK's design and genius) that most problems can be fixed with either oil, 2 new orings or a micrometer. After that, its best to talk to BigEvil or Tuna, & if they can't tell you how to fix it, then you should send it to them.

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    If they are still making product, then it is assumed that they still have machines.
    likely not.

far more likely they do short runs of the parts required at shops that have done them before (and likely always made them even in AGDs heyday). keep a few on hand, very little overhead, very little capital tied up, etc etc "running low on level 10s, better call up XXX and order 5 more" etc automag parts use some pretty non-standard processes like are used in most other guns, they are not just milled blocks of aluminium. there are brazed parts, lots of ground parts ... highly unlikely to vertically integrate such a gun, and likely the guns were never that vertically integrated in there supply chain.

you can run a business with a few boxes worth of overhead in your garage for years with essentially zero cost, and therefore nearly indefinitely. this is the model AGD has adopted.

to those calling bull**** on this, love to be proven wrong. do it instead of making snide comments. i'd accept a video with time-stamp of the tour of AGDs business office and production facilities, but such a facility i don't think exists. before calling me names like you love to, at least have a reason to.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-12-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    There you go shooting your mouth off again at something you obviously know nothing about.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA When Tuna steps in for a smackdown, you know it's gotta be good.

On second thought... no, I don't.

likely not.

far more likely they do short runs of the parts required at shops that have done them before (and likely always made them even in AGDs heyday). keep a few on hand, very little overhead, very little capital tied up, etc etc "running low on level 10s, better call up XXX and order 5 more" etc automag parts use some pretty non-standard processes like are used in most other guns, they are not just milled blocks of aluminium. there are brazed parts, lots of ground parts ... highly unlikely to vertically integrate such a gun, and likely the guns were never that vertically integrated in there supply chain.

you can run a business with a few boxes worth of overhead in your garage for years with essentially zero cost, and therefore nearly indefinitely. this is the model AGD has adopted.

to those calling bull**** on this, love to be proven wrong. do it instead of making snide comments. i'd accept a video with time-stamp of the tour of AGDs business office and production facilities, but such a facility i don't think exists. before calling me names like you love to, at least have a reason to.
    So if they have machines, but no offices. Who would be right in their assumptions?

And please tell me where i didn't already say this, or do you just have to repeat a point, just in your voice?

I love these threads when punk comes in to add info.

likely not.

I know EXACTLY what AGD has and doesnt have. I know even more than you think. Is it really any of your business? I think not. Stop spreading rumors that AGD is being run out of a few boxes in a garage. You are wrong. Keep it up and you will be banished!

"running low on level 10s, better call up XXX and order 5 more"
    That's extremely unlikely.

Exclamation Trolls

You guys all just fell for the voice from under the bridge again.

You'd think you'd have learned by now......

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I know EXACTLY what AGD has and doesnt have. I know even more than you think. Is it really any of your business? I think not. Stop spreading rumors that AGD is being run out of a few boxes in a garage. You are wrong. Keep it up and you will be banished!
    Again, why is this such a touchy subject? Are they a machine shop that no longer does paintball stuff or are they just selling new old stock? I really haven't heard a clear answer other then vaguery and flaming.

So are you saying they do still manufacture xvalves and other parts brand new?

Are you in the process of acquiring them or in the midst of a business venture with them that spins back up production? Then I'd understand the secrecy and protection of a brand being more then new old stock in a garage. Id also understand why any internal business dealings wouldn't be our business. And what's wrong with being a once glorious company that quietly left the industry with their quality reputation intact?

Also, I totally understand and respect that if you're not at liberty to talk about someone else's business that you have internal knowledge of. If that's the case, I guess I'll wait to hear it from an AGD employee authorized to speak on the state of the business.

I'm totally lost, other then some hearsay. Just an AGD fan, they are a local company and I think it would be awesome to witness new xvalves being turned out on their machinery in person. Or seeing some cool prototypes.

I also really want to know, if they are doing new parts if they will ever do a run of blue xvalves. It is our business, we spend a lot of money on these markers and love Tom Kayes company. If they make brand new parts it helps to know as some of us would rather buy new from the source. Maybe even put a custom order in.

As someone who sells used and new old stock parts it would be good to let your customers know if you're the only game in town or not. Also, if AGD is a company run with new old stock parts out of a garage that is slow to return emails or respond on their customer forum, and your in the same business wouldn't it be in your interest to speak the truth?

There was a YouTube video with Simon at their european facility. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2jl2fBwPw_U
    Last edited by boo; 11-13-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Again, why is this such a touchy subject? Are they a machine shop that no longer does paintball stuff or are they just selling new old stock? I really haven't heard a clear answer other then vaguery and flaming.
    because they don't like me. they often conflate what i say, with some version of who they think i am, and then try to burn it with fire.

happy to be proven wrong. i welcome the idea in fact. i don't see that happening.

the most important part, is that these guns can be maintained and run for essentially forever. so you shouldn't fear ordering from them (AGD), or tuna, or big evil. i personally think the low overhead model is the best for companies like AGD, WGP should have adopted a similar one, they went corporate and it killed them spectacularly and now the shooters have to pay the cost. thankfully that isn't happening to mags, because AGD runs a low overhead model. externalize all the costs, keep the capital tied up low, and you can run a business forever like that. if AGD had a facility, bunch of machines and employees, thats a whole lot of overhead, and whole lot of reason for the company to declare bankruptcy and then we loose as players.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-13-2015 at 02:40 PM.

I should have bought you a plane ticket to Paris...

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I should have bought you a plane ticket to Paris...
    Wow, real mature. Guess the mystery will go unanswered again...

I hope you realize that the only thing that cockerpunk can do is take a stick to a beehive & see what comes out. He will never listen to reason, he poses questions yet refuses to accept the answers because they do not mesh with what he thinks they should be and more importantly, cockerpunk thinks that the only way to communicate is to belittle, berate and befuddle people with pseudo-science(his "punkwerks stuff", yet never understands the variables inherent to paintball) to try to make himself feel bigger and more important than everyone else. So he trolls various forums looming for a topic which to post, i.e. tossing in the hand grenade, and watch what happens.

The best thing to do is to ignore him. That is harder to do than is said. I should know, as i have locked horns enough times to see through him like glass. Sometimes i jump, but mostly i just laugh at his pitifulness. So, you have the answer to the question asked by the OP. Yes they are in business, yes they still make new stuff.

Best not to stick your nose in where it doesn't belong ..

Honestly I glazed over what he wrote as it was no better or worse then any other answer of speculation I've seen in this thread. Nobody with direct knowledge of the subject has given an answer that's more then hearsay or "I know but I'm not telling".

So, I guess I'll continue and wait until I hear an answer from someone that's tied to AGD willing to speak on their behalf.
    I hope we can at least keep it civil until we get the answer, cuz heaven forbid I open up another thread asking the same thing.

I've stated these questions in the past on other forums and never got an answer other then rabid responses defending that AGD is fully operational as it was in their hay day. I just don't see that's possible.

All I want to know is will they ever be making a damn blue xvalve that will fit my cool camo micromag or should I stop holding my breath and take it up the pipe and just buy a used one.

I also would like to order a ule mag from them in an exact color combo and would like to know if this is something that will be available 6 months from now, or should I stretch my fun money thin or sell some other projects because they are quickly running out of new old stock to build these.

I could care less about other peoples online drama, what is this, ****ing highschool? I wish a moderator could just delete this banter so we can get back on track.
    Last edited by boo; 11-14-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Honestly I glazed over what he wrote as it was no better or worse then any other answer of speculation I've seen in this thread. Nobody with direct knowledge of the subject has given an answer that's more then hearsay or "I know but I'm not telling".

So, I guess I'll continue and wait until I hear an answer from someone that's tied to AGD willing to speak on their behalf.
    I hope we can at least keep it civil until we get the answer, cuz heaven forbid I open up another thread asking the same thing.

I've stated these questions in the past on other forums and never got an answer other then rabid responses defending that AGD is fully operational as it was in their hay day. I just don't see that's possible.

All I want to know is will they ever be making a damn blue xvalve that will fit my cool camo micromag or should I stop holding my breath and take it up the pipe and just buy a used one.

I also would like to order a ule mag from them in an exact color combo and would like to know if this is something that will be available 6 months from now, or should I stretch my fun money thin or sell some other projects because they are quickly running out of new old stock to build these.

I could care less about other peoples online drama, what is this, ****ing highschool? I wish a moderator could just delete this banter so we can get back on track.
    I personally do not see agd offering up tons of colors again on anything due to the overhead that would take. Any color would have to be a batch run. That gets expensive. For a small company that's not cost effective.

your not the first person to have trouble getting them on the phone lately. i have had no problems ordering parts thru their website and i usually have it in a week or less. i agree with Jason though that your probably not going to be able to get custom work any more, its pretty much what they offer and that's it. Don't hesitate to contact Tuna for parts and he can repair or tune any thing needed on a mag and he will stand behind his work.

Asking open ended questions about the genisis of the company is far from going direct in saying, "hey does AGD have new Xvalves in blue, cause i really want one in blue." which you would get 1) a direct answer from Tuna saying "yes, its X amount of dollars", 2) "Yes, order through the AGD website." 3) "No. AGD does not do any other colour than black." or 4) someone would pop up on a used valve for sale...

And i will echo what is said. AGD won't be doing many colours anymore, as the costs for small batches of colours that might never sell(or sell badly) is not great. This is the lessens AGD learned from the Zgrip & the Yframe.

Games like that

Wow just wanted to know if they were still around....So I finally left a phone msg and sent an email, got a response by email the next day, I responded back to it and got another response that same day. They called me on our agreed upon time and date, I got my Mag to them in quick order. They are going to give it a go rebuild & tune up $45 flat fee and I should have it back soon. When they give me a call that my Mag is ready, I will see if they can answer any of the questions I saw above...new parts, blue valves, etc... It would appear they are smaller than they were but I the short conversation O had with them it does sound like they are also smaller than the "hay day" but otherwise still alive and doing well. Will keep everyone posted.