Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC jibba jabba

Glad to see Bisbing put away quick hopefully it'll knock some of that big headedness off, he had no business back in the ring that fast, he needs to hang up the gloves at this point

I'll be glad when people stop quoting him in MMA news clips on youtube. Dude was never the real champ, should have lost that fight to Henderson. Props to him for making the most of his one chance to be king of the mountain and getting paid though.

Does every fighter have a podcast now or something?

Yeah most fighters are either part of a show or podcast, sad how much the ufc makes that they need to have an alternative income to survive, didn't Carla Esparza have to sell her Harley she won from TUF to pay for a camp cause she didn't have enough cash

thoughts on when they are gonna finally strip McGregor for never defending? It's funny to see how he criticized Aldo for not fighting in 15 months and saying you're only as good as your last fight and the last champion that won it is the real one... Then he does the same thing.

I think Mayweather robbed UFC fans of a lot of great potential matchups by letting Mcgregor box. Dude has no motivation now.

That whole lightweight division is really interesting, so if they strip Connor, Ferguson becomes champ and who's getting him? Khabib? Barboza? The winner of Alvarez vs Gaethje?
    If he retains the belt it's Connor vs Ferguson, but even there the winner of that leaves the top 5 contenders hanging for a bit, if Ferguson wins Connor gets a rematch, of Ferguson loses, next fight would be what?Connor/Diaz 3? Even though Khabib is ranked #1 I think he needs a fight in to prove again he's the true #1 contender.

So the way I see it if Connor keeps the belt

McGregor vs Ferguson(possibly Diaz 3)
    Khabib vs (winner of Alvarez/Gaethje)

If Connor gets stripped I could see

Ferguson vs Khabib
    (Winner of Alvarez/Gaethje) vs Barboza

Its a real odd division and where their champ is and what he's doing is making things more problematic so only time will tell but gosh darn I want to see Khabib in the ring sometime this next year

Middleweight isnt getting much better on that front either. I dont see GSP jumping at a chance to get back in there, and Whitaker is injured and recovering. Rockhold doesnt want to fight anyone top tier. Although I might pay to watch and see Bisping and Yoel Romero settle their beef.

Or Welterweight. You've got Wonderboy trying to make another run at the belt, Lawler trying to redeem himself, and RDS trying to remain relevant. Everyone wants to fight Woodley, but no one wants to pay to see Woodley fight which means they need to attach star power to the card. I think Colby is a bad matchup with Woodley. Luckily at least Perry and Till are making the Welterweight division interesting again.

I don't see Conor coming back. He's not gonna make the money he was, and they sure aren't looking to hand out ownership stake. He's one guy, they can build hundreds of fighters up.
    I think Khabib/Barboza determines a clear next challenger, and if the winner is hurt or Gaethje/Alvarez's performance is more impressive then it gives them options.

I still think Cub Swanson got robbed on this fight card this weekend. Does anyone really want to see them run that back versus a new challenger approaching?

I don't see GSP staying at that weight class just the top 5 are all monsters, I had really wanted to see Anderson Silva have that fight against Gastelum and win so they could set up the Anderson Silva vs GSP superfight that everyone wanted 7 years ago

Unfortunately its looking more and more like USADA took the Anderson Silva we once knew and love. The same Silva that devastated Forrest Griffin.

Let's talk about that Ngannou KO on Reem....... Jeeebuz that was a nasty knock out.... Like seeing that and thinking of Stipe and Ngannou going head to head has me shaking with excitement

I think Ngannou/Miocic is gonna come down to who can take the shots to the chin as they stand and throw down. I love watching Overeem fight, but poor guy has been put to sleep a few times now in the last 4 fights. I really would like to see Overeem fight Brock Lesnar, but you know... wishful thinking.

The real question is WTF happened to Alvarez's cheek? That dude is a straight killer, I'd kinda like to see him face Ferguson as Conor vacates.

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    The real question is WTF happened to Alvarez's cheek? That dude is a straight killer, I'd kinda like to see him face Ferguson as Conor vacates.
    Thats probably what will happen

Is Ferguson hoping to just wait out Conor?

The real question is Conor and what his next move is.
    Everyone keeps saying he got paid 100 million for the Mayweather fight. Maybe he made 100 mil but he definitely didn't get that as his show money.
    So yeah I get that the guy made 30 million for an over hyped exhibition match in a sport he's not known for. Sure, he could do advertising, and modeling, and movies even. Part of what makes him such a draw right now is the fact that he's supposed to be a bad mofo in the cage. What happens when he doesn't go back to the cage? What happens when he holds out for 30 mil and a share in the UFC ownership, and the UFC decides they can develop new stars for way less than that? How long do you wait? And what do you do in the meantime?

Brock Lesnar is a great example. The dude had his own image and brand before he came to the UFC. Was he juiced the whole time? Probably. Did that make it any less entertaining? Nah. So then he leaves, goes back to WWE and keeps building this crazy image. I'll admit, I haven't followed what he's doing over there but the dude is still popular. All of the sudden he comes back, makes boatloads of cash beating Mark Hunt down, then leaves again. Now he's being called out by Jon Jones out of the blue, and Ngannou. He's not sitting around waiting for these options, and he's doing something that is just physical enough to still make him look menacing while not actually competing in combat sports. They are going to have to lure him over again, and that's if he can pass USADA.

So what does Conor do if he thinks he is gonna wait? Will his contract allow him to box again? And if he pisses off the UFC, are they willing to drag him into deep waters in court just to prove a point?

I'm ready for UFC220!

Name:  KboXrYj.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  77.5 KB

*Credit to Bosslogic. His posters are so much better than UFC....

Man I was mind blown that the heavyweights made it all 5 rounds

Also Khabib vs Ferguson is probably my "Most anticipated fight of this year" and now that Stipe defended his belt y'all think Cain will step up to the plate and be able to fight this year?
    I was disappointed in hearing that Whittaker had too pull out, cause Rockhold would of been a perfect match up, now we have winner of Romero and Rockhold to be interm champ against Whittaker this year's gonna be a long wait

Its amazing how Francis had zero ground game and he still doesnt recognize thats why he lost.

"There were some things that I ignored, like if I can't finish them by round 1 I am a 270lb lactic acid build up sloth monster"

Yoel with that 3rd round ko, sucks he didn't make weight but godddddddddddddddamn that was vicious, so now he gets a title shot against Whittaker again? Hopefully he works on his gas tank for that

Wonder how much he's kicking himself for missing weight now.

Does anyone else think Cris Cyborg may be a male ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Does anyone else think Cris Cyborg may be a male ?
    Probably like 50% of people who look at her, I've been saying she's Wanderlei Silva with braids for like the past 5 years

I keep thinking the only thing that will beat her is another female fighter that is even more testosterone boosted and juiced up than Cyborg.

You might be on to something though. They both talk the same and say the craziest off the wall shtuff

I also think they're the same height too..........

Okay that's a stretch, I think they're like 3 or 4 inches different

Holy moly Brian Ortega.

Poor Frankie. From titleshot to back of the line. Bummer.

I wish Conor would just retire or fight. He's terrible in ads. Like Rampage's performance was better in the A team than conor is in all these "your bum life" futball betting ads and "spicy crispy chicken" BK ads. Hell, for that matter I wish Woodley would retire or fight too.

Khabib vs Ferguson soon at least.

Mayweather is rumored to be starting training for UFC.

Does anyone really believe Floyd will actually fight in the octagon ?