Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: UFC jibba jabba

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Is it a coincidence he announced retirement the day before this story hit ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/26/s...l-assault.html

I dont think so.....

If its the sexual assault story, that's been around since January.

If you all think this is anything more than an attempt by Conor to get the UFC to beg him to fight, you haven't been paying attention. He's still vying for ownership stake in the UFC. IDK why he's barking up that tree, he could literally go OWN Bellator and build them up instead.

Oh there is another possibility i didnt think of before.... USADA stopped publicly announcing failed tests... PEDs? Or illegal drugs in his system? Maybe Conor got into Delahoyas stash of white powder?
    Last edited by mobsterboy; 03-27-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Question

So let me preface this by saying I have never bought a PPV and have no intention of ever doing so.

But it looks to me the UFC has hurt the fighters and their purses, and champions PPV money with this new deal.

UFC has guaranteed money now, but now theres only one place to get the PPV's, not multiple platforms.

You have to have ESPN+ or you dont have the option to buy the PPV.

Dana thinks he doesnt need star power anymore.

Looks to me like the PPV money will be shrinking.

Time will tell.

What say you ?

Last edited by going_home; 03-30-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Nite nite Barboza.....

Haven’t watched UFC in 2019. Am I missing anything?

Btw, what is up with this espn deal??

Apparently I hear ESPN + was impossible to get the ppv.

You had to dark web it to see the Saturday one according to Brendan Schaub.

Apparently I hear ESPN + was impossible to get the ppv.

You had to dark web it to see the Saturday one according to Brendan Schaub.
    lol I have no knowledge of the PPV difficulties from Saturday, but I for sure would not list Brendan Schaub as a legitimate source for anything. That cat very clearly has a biased and often misinformed opinion on Dana White and the UFC.

What i wanna know is WTF Conor is referencing about wanting "plaques" before he comes back? Its like watching a kid negotiate, realize they arent gonna get a pony/whatever extravagant thing they want, so they are like "you have to make me a 'kid of the year award.' i'll accept just seeing it on the computer, but I want it."

Apparently I hear ESPN + was impossible to get the ppv. You had to dark web it to see the Saturday one according to Brendan Schaub.
    Obviously a JRE listener.

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    lol I have no knowledge of the PPV difficulties from Saturday, but I for sure would not list Brendan Schaub as a legitimate source for anything. That cat very clearly has a biased and often misinformed opinion on Dana White and the UFC.

What i wanna know is WTF Conor is referencing about wanting "plaques" before he comes back? Its like watching a kid negotiate, realize they arent gonna get a pony/whatever extravagant thing they want, so they are like "you have to make me a 'kid of the year award.' i'll accept just seeing it on the computer, but I want it."

Seems like most all the combat sports podcasters seem to be full of themselves and think they are all knowing....

As for Conor, trust me, he will get what he wants one way or the other, biggest PPV draw they ever had several times over, and he knows his PPV worth.

That is if he can stay out of court, and jail, and women that arent his.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Obviously a JRE listener.

I am not a fan of Joe, and I could care less what his smoke fogged mind thinks, but I do watch once in a while if he has a guest I'm interested in hearing.

Just watched a couple when he had Herb Dean on.....

Saw Brendans comments on his own podcast.

Gaethje KO's cowboy 1st round......

Cowboy will and forever be my favorite gatekeeper...... Actually, Yoel is up there for me too

Imagine spending hard time and work training for a fight only to get ko'd by a kick while you have the dominant position

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    Imagine spending hard time and work training for a fight only to get ko'd by a kick while you have the dominant position
    You see any of the Cub Swanson / Kron Gracie fight this past weekend in Tampa ?

Kron tried that multiple times.

You see any of the Cub Swanson / Kron Gracie fight this past weekend in Tampa ?

Kron tried that multiple times.
    A game plan is a game plan no matter how crappy it is, but yeah I had hopes of Kron being more dominant, sadly that was just hopes

Man that Conor Cowboy fight looked rigged to me......

I'm still processing what happened honestly. I guess when Cowboy ducked, he caught that thigh to the head/neck and that just surprised him/knocked the wind out of him? And then from there it was just all downhill.

$40 bucks for 40 seconds.

I will say I have never seen anyone smash a face three times in a fight with their shoulder....

$40 bucks for 40 seconds.

I will say I have never seen anyone smash a face three times in a fight with their shoulder....
    Meh... watched it at Twin Peaks, so it cost me like a 10 dollar tasty Chicken Quesadilla and a tall beer.

I'm pretty sure Jon Jones has done shoulder strikes in the clinch, hasn't he? That feels like a Pictogram Jones move

Someone's gotta be a gate keeper

I was thinking about ordering it at home, rather glad I didn't pull the trigger.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

There were some good fights on the undercard, I was sad Grasso didn't make weight, that fight was prolly my fight to watch on the card

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    There were some good fights on the undercard, I was sad Grasso didn't make weight, that fight was prolly my fight to watch on the card
    That Maycee Barber fight should have been stopped by the manager, it was hard to watch.

So who's next for Conor, Nate Diaz ?

https://es.pn/2NN92QI

I was genuinely surprised the doc didn't stop it, and as for Conor, to me only one fight seems logical, Street Jesus.
    Just cause he got a win against Cowboy at welterweight doesn't mean he deserves a rematch against Khabib, plus he and Ferguson is fighting in April. Diaz just lost to Masdival, and a rubber match, while as enticing as it sounds just doesn't make sense for Conor at the moment. As the winner of McGregor & Street Jesus would immediately deserve a welterweight belt fight, and as for Masdival a win over Mystic Mac would arguably skyrocket his career more than if he beat Usuman for the championship, and vise versa for Conor beating Masdival, being able to claim you beat the owner the BMF Belt would make you the BMF. In the mean time give Kamaru the winner of Dos Anjos & Chiesa.

Whats the chances Curtis Blaydes gets a shot at Stipe after the Dos Santos KO ?

Pretty sure Stipe is not going to fight the guy that cost him two eye surgeries a third time,even though thats what uncle Dana wants.

If it was me I wouldn't give him a third chance to blind me.

Let Cormier retire after losing to Jones again a third time....

More than likey he'll prolly be pushed for a title shot,but just look at the top 5 for HW, we got DC ranked #1, then Ngannou at #2, Blaydes at #3, then JDS at #4, followed by Derek Lewis and Jairzinho Rozenstruikat tied for #5.
    Realistically its a toss up as to what the HW division will get. If they don't give DC a rematch, they'll prolly do Stipe VS Blaydes (or Ngannou 2), hell with how many rubber matches that can be easily set up throughout the HW division, I can see them giving Stipe Rozenstruikat, coming into the ufc with an undefeated mma record and keeping that up throughout the ufc is pretty impressive. I know it's arguable that he was losing the Overeem fight up until the TKO but bringing a new fighter into the top contender pool is always a good thing for match ups
    Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 01-27-2020 at 05:07 PM.

I dont really desire to see Stipe-DC 3. 2 really showed what I thought was going to happen in 1. Hopefully Stipe will fight someone else first and maybe then DC can go back and fight Jones after he deals with Reyes

Reyes was robbed.

Diego Sanchez needs to retire.

Two knee to the head DQ's.

Corey Anderson , first round KO ? Seriously ?

Good thing that wasn't a PPV card...

Cowboy was robbed....

Holy Gaethje, that was quite the performance

Glover was impressive those last three rounds coming out of the first I thought Smith was gonna run through him