Thread: Springpheed ULE mag

Springpheed ULE mag

Wanted to show off my springpheed ULE mag.
    Was going for super light and it worked.
    Modified Apocalypse gen3 springpheed for the mini - ULE body with dual detents and Empire feedneck adapter - Luke's UL rail - CF frame - FBM wedge - and soon-to-be changed ASA (going with a CP)

I'm working with Apocalypse to modify his design slightly for the mag platform, but this works great, is super stable, and feeds amazingly well.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  72.7 KB

That's pretty cool! Nice work!! It does look very light.

Can you show a close-up of what you had to modify (you posted elsewhere chopping a feedneck then drilling and tapping it) to make the SpringPheed work? Late last year he was still working on a universal adapter/model that Mags could use.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

WS-
    The drilling and tapping was to put a phantom-style springpheed on a stainless body with the feedneck removed.
    That is a great way to do this, but it means your only choices for that mag body are now the springpheed or finding a phantom feedneck.

This mag with the ULE body is a whole different thing.
    I'll try to get closeups later, but the new style pheed mount clamps the empire-style feedneck in a similar (but much stronger) way to the empire springfeed.

Here's where she stands now:
Views: 778
Size:  79.3 KB

Views: 726
Size:  84.0 KB

WS, on the stainless body, here's how it looked:

Views: 966
Size:  108.2 KB

Views: 894
Size:  63.7 KB

Views: 865
Size:  68.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    WS, on the stainless body, here's how it looked:

Views: 966
Size:  108.2 KB

Views: 894
Size:  63.7 KB

Views: 865
Size:  68.2 KB
    oooh a snap on with a screw spot would work nifty on that steely, small mod on the legs would make it work sweet.
    nice stuff man good going.

Thanks BC. Never owned a Phantom so was unsure of the exact mounting arrangement.

+1 its good to see reference pics for stuff like this helps the other guys out.

This iteration of the mount and pheed is ad solid as it gets. However, Apocalypse thinks we can achieve the same thing with just a capture ring at the tip.
    He's printing it up and I should have that setup to try at DDay.
    In the mean time, enjoy.

Views: 1068
Size:  82.4 KB

Are the SpringPheed tubes plastic or ano-able aluminum?

Ano'd aluminum.
    Here's Apocalypse's webpage.

Just realized I never showed the "final" product.
    If someone is letting go of a purple x-valve or black ccm fittings, let me know.

Views: 678
Size:  87.9 KB

The guys on the phantom pages have me wondering if I should get a pump handle for this just as a "fake out."

Views: 712
Size:  87.0 KB

Has a hopper feedneck on it at the moment for my daughter's sake, but trying out a rail-less setup. May need to get some aluminum 45 panels and have them ano'd.

Views: 598
Size:  154.9 KB

on the first mag, what is name of the reg on the valve?

Quote Originally Posted by speter45 View Post
    on the first mag, what is name of the reg on the valve?
    It's the aluminum (anodizeable!) bottom of an Air America secondary/inline reg - IIRC the Vigilante.

This is helpful! Thank you for sharing

I miss mine...this right here is what sparked me to make the feedknecks way back when lol