Thread: Odd Sydarm

Odd Sydarm

Does anyone have a complete one of these Sydarms that I could get pictures of the grip frame / battery pack / trigger switch set up?

I only have the parts from the rail up, minus the 12g adapter, but I do have a ca adapter.

As you all know the Sydarm was marked for. A few were set up with a light bulb in the front to be used in force on force scenarios where a video camera could be replayed to see who shot first.

Name:  Yori932.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  38.8 KB

A small bulb (like out of a mini mag flashlight) attached to very fine wires that threaded down that barrel grove, thru the body, then down the pump slot, then down to the grip frame to some kind of switch and battery pack.

Name:  Y4huswx.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  Z7L9hJX.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  56.2 KB

What Tom had to say.

There were only about a dozen of those we made custom.

Police training. We did it for 8 years. Had a simulated house setup in our industrial unit with video in the ceiling. We would do a scenario then come back and review the tapes. For instance, we would have the cop point the gun at the "bad guy" with finger on the trigger and tell him to drop the gun. The bad guy would snap shoot the cop and an argument would ensue as to who shot first. The video ALWAYS showed the bad guy let fly first. No ones reaction time was fast enough.

One more thing, we sent hundreds of cops through the course, not one survived the day. The job really sucks, you are always at a disadvantage because you can only react to events. We spent most of the time discussing if the shoot was legal (and this was the 90's).
    Last edited by TAW; 02-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.

I don't have anything to add except that is hella cool. Now I want one! Besides the felt and audible cues to pew-pewing there'd be a visible indicator as well. What color does the bulb light up?
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

It has to be one of the original trainers or prototype.. Pretty rare. Orings are probably shot. I do have those parts kits in stock. Look at the serial number..
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    I don't have anything to add except that is hella cool. Now I want one! Besides the felt and audible cues to pew-pewing there'd be a visible indicator as well. What color does the bulb light up?
    Just a plain white one was in it. Some one could use colored leds. I lost all the electrical parts long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    It has to be one of the original trainers or prototype.. Pretty rare. Orings are probably shot. I do have those parts kits in stock. Look at the serial number..
    Hey tuna I'm the guy that pm'd you about the 12g piece for the Sydarm all I have is the ca threaded one.

the o-ring are toast, I have an o-ring kits somewhere in my pile of junk.

Dave Z. ground all the SN off the weird valves I got from Tom to show that they had no warranty.

Except it's still on the front section of the valve ( SY00071)
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

Anyone have any idea what it would be worth?

I'll pay $50 for it.

Seriously, you're probably in the $350-400 range. If you want to offload it PM me.

OP, I messaged you an offer on FB and am still interested. Hopedully I'll hear back from you.