Thread: Odd Sydarm

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Odd Sydarm

Does anyone have a complete one of these Sydarms that I could get pictures of the grip frame / battery pack / trigger switch set up?

I only have the parts from the rail up, minus the 12g adapter, but I do have a ca adapter.

As you all know the Sydarm was marked for. A few were set up with a light bulb in the front to be used in force on force scenarios where a video camera could be replayed to see who shot first.

Name:  Yori932.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  38.8 KB

A small bulb (like out of a mini mag flashlight) attached to very fine wires that threaded down that barrel grove, thru the body, then down the pump slot, then down to the grip frame to some kind of switch and battery pack.

Name:  Y4huswx.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  Z7L9hJX.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  56.2 KB

What Tom had to say.

There were only about a dozen of those we made custom.

Police training. We did it for 8 years. Had a simulated house setup in our industrial unit with video in the ceiling. We would do a scenario then come back and review the tapes. For instance, we would have the cop point the gun at the "bad guy" with finger on the trigger and tell him to drop the gun. The bad guy would snap shoot the cop and an argument would ensue as to who shot first. The video ALWAYS showed the bad guy let fly first. No ones reaction time was fast enough.

One more thing, we sent hundreds of cops through the course, not one survived the day. The job really sucks, you are always at a disadvantage because you can only react to events. We spent most of the time discussing if the shoot was legal (and this was the 90's).
    Last edited by TAW; 02-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.