Thread: Folks are going crazy

Folks are going crazy

25$ for a 6" AGD patch

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    25$ for a 6" AGD patch
    Looks like its pending too..
    Which brings a new question to mind: Is it really that crazy?

I considered buying it. But really trying to concentrate on rebuilding my Mach1.

It was priced slightly high (Imo) but not so bad that people won't buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    25$ for a 6" AGD patch

The rumors of his demise were premature.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    But really trying to concentrate on rebuilding my Mach1
    As in Mustang?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    As in Mustang?
    Yes sir,

1969 Mustang Mach1,
    351C 4 barrel motor from a 70 Mach1
    AOD Trans from a 89 TbirdSC.
    9" dif
    Shaker hood, slats & spolier from a 70 Mach1

Currently completly torn down for restoration. Ill have the sheetmetal work done by summer.

I bought it back in 2000 Drove it for a year or two and started work, Lost interest then life happened (house, married, kid). Getting back to it now.

This is from 2001

Last month

Being a NewEngland car. Ive had to replace the radiator support, fender aprons, shocktowers (these were shattered from racing), floors, Still have 1/4's to replace.

I'm jealous! That's my bucket list car. I've been into and driving Mustangs since 1985. I've owned 2 Mach 1's 1971 and a 1972 w/351C. My first was a 65 Coupe in 1985 (My bucket list car at the time, paid $400 and drove it home, did a ground up build and finished it in 89.) I've also owned a 1964 coupe, 1965 FB, 1968 coupe and a second 65 coupe... Not all ended up on the road but were all complete when I bought them. I would be sitting on a small fortune if I had all the parts 'I've left behind' over the years! I actually bought the 1964 for $25 just for a 4bbl intake that came with it, sold it for almost nothing just to get it out of the yard and it was in excellent shape, that was in '90 I believe.

My current passion are the 1967-1972 F100's. My first truck was a '68 my pops gave me when I was 15, it was an old wood hauling truck.

Hopefully maniacmechanic wont care if we hijack his thread.

I just finished up a 4 wheel power disc brake conversion on my 71 yesterday.
    Name:  F100.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  167.9 KB

I had two projects going this summer one was my Harley which I didn't get finished, but I build this 302 for the 71. Along with it, a custom exhaust, floor shifter and a ton of other goodies. This is probably one of the best running 302's I've ever put on the road, it's a ton of fun to drive.
    Name:  302.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  147.2 KB

I have loose plans to start making custom parts for the Bumpside trucks and miscellaneous universal Ford parts. This thermostat housing is the first.
    I was in need of a thermostat housing and couldn't find a housing that had good reviews, even the $100+ housings that are made in Australia all came with bad reviews so I spent way too much time developing this one. lol I'm real happy with it though.
    Name:  302 T Housing.JPG
Views: 234
Size:  124.7 KB

Name:  Thermostat Housing 302 h.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  109.7 KB

Name:  Thermostat Housing 302 f.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  121.2 KB

I also have these brake pedal bushing I just released yesterday, already sold 3 lol All I've ever seen were plastic ones that dont seem to last. IIRC the early Mustangs used the same bolt and bushing.
    I got stuck in the middle of the brake conversion and had to make one for the 71, figured I may as well make extras .
    Name:  Bushings Protype, Brass, Bolts.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  71.0 KB
    Last edited by luke; 12-20-2018 at 04:27 PM.

I really am SUPER jealous, been looking for a 69 FB for the last 20 years. I've had a few sold out from under me.

Are you going to upgrade the front suspension or run stock? There's a lot of neat options these days if you have deep pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I really am SUPER jealous, been looking for a 69 FB for the last 20 years. I've had a few sold out from under me.

Are you going to upgrade the front suspension or run stock? There's a lot of neat options these days if you have deep pockets.
    The plan right now is keep he springs from the 70 on it. The shocktowers that I put in were cut out of a 69 boss 302 that was parted. The brakes are discs off a 70 Cougar. I was recently given new rear springs by a friend who changed how he was doing his car so those will be used for now as well.

Color is still up on the air. Deciding between three at this point 1) gulfstream aqua. 2) Royal Maroon, 3) Midnight Orchid (69 thunderbird color). Whatever will get a white interior.

Color is still up on the air. Deciding between three at this point 1) gulfstream aqua. 2) Royal Maroon, 3) Midnight Orchid (69 thunderbird color). Whatever will get a white interior.
    Go with gulfstream aqua. A friend of mine had a 68 mustang that he did in aqua and it was beautiful. Really stood out on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    Go with gulfstream aqua. A friend of mine had a 68 mustang that he did in aqua and it was beautiful. Really stood out on the road.
    Likely what it will end up. Its the color Ive liked the longest. Going to shot one of the old fender gulfsteam aqua, the other old fender royal marron and the old door midnight orchid. The wild card color is the midnight orchid. I cant find any really good pictures of it. But it intrigues me.

Here's a local 69 for sale, a little to rich for my blood.

Name:  69 Mustang.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  78.2 KB