View Poll Results: Are you interested in another run of colored X-valves?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 53.41%
  • No

5 5.68%
  • Yes, depending on price.

22 25.00%
  • Yes, depending on color.

29 32.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you interested in another run of colored X-valves?

Great video. Would love to get my hands on a green or gold. Hope this happens.

That video is perfect, really puts it into perspective. Lime, Burnt Orange, and Teal for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Hang tight! There are more coming! I have some PK Annodized Gloss black(REAL GLOSS BLACK) sitting here now.
    Well this is interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'll take 100 of them in trade, hit me up. Seriously, I'll only sell them anodized and engraved with serial numbers as complete markers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Well this is interesting!
    It sure is

As far as engraving goes, the patent numbers are no longer needed, also, now that there's no more lifetime warranties or three free rebuilds, do you really need serial numbers for tracking?

As far as engraving goes, the patent numbers are no longer needed, also, now that there's no more lifetime warranties or three free rebuilds, do you really need serial numbers for tracking?
    I think that's a good idea. We can produce a uniquely marked valve.....new X or whatever it may be. Make that mark deep enough to survive any ano changes. Then those valves are simply considered 2nd gen. Definitely a consideration.
    Raw valves would still require a slightly different mark to eliminate a warranty issue as RAW valves would most likely carry no warranty.
    We still warranty valves sales and new gun sales with valves. It's a basic one year, but it's easy enough to identify those purchases since everything is done online in the cloud for sales from us.
    It would be another issue if we enter a wholesale situation again. Right now we are not doing wholesale. Lots of thing to think about.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    It would be another issue if we enter a wholesale situation again.
    Raw or wholesale is all the more reason to not worry about serial numbers because AGD wouldn't be offering a warranty on those anyway. Much easier to identify without any engraving.

Something engraved like this mabey?

(I ain’t no Artist)

Name:  47A7C126-36B5-4D2B-864D-C3D2468704CF.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  13.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jay419 View Post
    Something engraved like this mabey?

P.s: I ain’t no Artist

Name:  47A7C126-36B5-4D2B-864D-C3D2468704CF.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  13.3 KB
    That’s pretty damn cool Jay, nice work. I was thinking something like this but with “AGD” in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just a hack up of this so it’s not so BUISY.

Name:  1012EE98-24A5-4FD2-9C2D-636D5CB896A7.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  24.2 KB

Since the patent info serial # does not really have to be on there, how about on one side we have something like this on the other side the lion logo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would prefer no engraving at all on raw valves.

I have a few projects that would REALLY benefit from Raw Valves.

I would prefer no engraving at all on raw valves.
    I like this. There are some guns that as works of art do not look good with things conflicting with the project.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    I like this. There are some guns that as works of art do not look good with things conflicting with the project.
    You could always hide the mark under the rail?

I have not read all responses to the thread, but I like the idea of changing the engraving to differentiate from older. For colors, a dust black with engraving and perhaps something along the original valves with polished and black lettering.

Black, brown, Olive, gun metal grey with this logo?

https://i.imgur.com/NkDo1Dm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER View Post
    Black, brown, Olive, gun metal grey with this logo?

https://i.imgur.com/NkDo1Dm.jpg
    This is the lion logo I was referring to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Here are a few templates I put together.

Original:
    Name:  OriginalValve.png
Views: 256
Size:  195.3 KB

Template:
    Name:  TemplateValve.png
Views: 255
Size:  182.1 KB

I think that's a good idea. We can produce a uniquely marked valve.....new X or whatever it may be. Make that mark deep enough to survive any ano changes. Then those valves are simply considered 2nd gen. Definitely a consideration.
    Raw valves would still require a slightly different mark to eliminate a warranty issue as RAW valves would most likely carry no warranty.
    We still warranty valves sales and new gun sales with valves. It's a basic one year, but it's easy enough to identify those purchases since everything is done online in the cloud for sales from us.
    It would be another issue if we enter a wholesale situation again. Right now we are not doing wholesale. Lots of thing to think about.
    You can't sell them raw. You would need the knowledge to assemble them correctly that only an AGD tech would have. There are torque specs and special tools needed. You cant reanno either as I have seen quite a few ruined even by anno guys that know what they are doing. Warranty is not the issue. The issue is safety.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

while i think the colors are great i will probably never buy one, but remember these will be more expensive than standard black due to the limited amount that get run and while i agree with changing the X for something and i like the idea of the lion on the side the more engraving you do the higher the price will probably be.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG View Post
    I'm on board for any colors...as long as we get matching ULE bodies too!
    I second this.

I've also really loved the look of dust black markers, especially since most of the rails have a duller black than the ULE bodies and valves. Someone else mentioned that it would be cool if the lasering was changed so it would be easy to identify newer valves, but what about the whole marker kit? If all new Automags came with dust black parts (valve, body, rail, barrel and frame) instead of gloss black, it would be easy to tell newer models from older models.

Or....instead of offering a whole lot of colors at once, what about doing one different color every year? So, all new markers sold in 2019 would be dust black. Then 2020 markers could be burnt orange. 2021 markers could be forest green. And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    Reverse is way less likely, but maybe possible. I'll check that too.
    Why are reverse valves less likely? This could be another neat way to differentiate newer valves from older valves. Reverse valves are better for right-handed players anyway. It's much easier to run hoses that doesn't get in the way of the hands when those hoses are on the left side of the marker.
    Last edited by rawbutter; 01-29-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Yeah, that's a little busy for my taste.

What about just the normal X with a little "AGD" down in the corner? That would be simply and subtle, but obviously different.

RAW valves are only a mere possibility and even if there are some raw valves available they may only be available to or by specific use or sale from certain individuals like Tuna or Luke.

The bigger story is that there are only 63 votes and 4 are against. So 59 positive votes in a week. I doubt the poll will reach 100 votes ever. If we took a high number of 50% actually following through with a real monetary commitment thats only 30 valves.
    Color is probably going to remain a rare situation. I should still be able to handle a few basic colors, but the interest is extremely low.

I will say follow through for me depends on timeframe, I am currently working on paying for a wedding, so money is a little on the tight side. That being said, I'd be willing to do a down payment on a blue, green, or orange valve right now. Maybe more than one based on expected time frame. But I certainly understand Sandman's point on interest.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RAW valves are only a mere possibility and even if there are some raw valves available they may only be available to or by specific use or sale from certain individuals like Tuna or Luke.

The bigger story is that there are only 63 votes and 4 are against. So 59 positive votes in a week. I doubt the poll will reach 100 votes ever. If we took a high number of 50% actually following through with a real monetary commitment thats only 30 valves.
    Color is probably going to remain a rare situation. I should still be able to handle a few basic colors, but the interest is extremely low.
    Is a week timeframe for gauging interest on a forum poll enough to go on? I know that this thread was linked in a few of the FB groups but it's very easy to miss too.
    Post a link from the AGD fb page. There's a lot of followers and probably more likely to be noticed.

I know that you have to set expectations on the conservative side too because it's very rare for everyone to follow-through on purchases but there are a number of people who also indicated that they would buy multiple valves.

So is it in the realm of possibility to get an actual 'X' milled into the valve rather than laser etched? I think it would look great to have it recessed in from the surface slightly and if anyone did anno it would survive. The depth you would have to burn a laser in to show up on the next round of anno is pretty significant. It may also look a bit inconsotent based on the alloy not being 100% the same material.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG View Post
    Is a week timeframe for gauging interest on a forum poll enough to go on? I know that this thread was linked in a few of the FB groups but it's very easy to miss too.
    Post a link from the AGD fb page. There's a lot of followers and probably more likely to be noticed.

I know that you have to set expectations on the conservative side too because it's very rare for everyone to follow-through on purchases but there are a number of people who also indicated that they would buy multiple valves.
    I do have it on the front of the AGD facebook page with the link.

i also put this on MCB.

Without commitments just use any excess color valves for new AGD builds or as the standard X valve available! So basically reverse the table and make new black ones rare for a couple years - there's enough of them that pop up on the aftermarket anyhow.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag