View Poll Results: Are you interested in another run of colored X-valves?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 53.41%
  • No

5 5.68%
  • Yes, depending on price.

22 25.00%
  • Yes, depending on color.

29 32.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are you interested in another run of colored X-valves?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I do have it on the front of the AGD facebook page with the link.
    I stand corrected...

I would love to see green

I never understood why a dust black was never produced.

Purple or polished silver

RAW valves are only a mere possibility and even if there are some raw valves available they may only be available to or by specific use or sale from certain individuals like Tuna or Luke.

The bigger story is that there are only 63 votes and 4 are against. So 59 positive votes in a week. I doubt the poll will reach 100 votes ever. If we took a high number of 50% actually following through with a real monetary commitment thats only 30 valves.
    Color is probably going to remain a rare situation. I should still be able to handle a few basic colors, but the interest is extremely low.
    You made this poll during the deadest time of paintball's off-season too... and only 1 week as pointed out. Lots of guys just aren't paying attention no matter how many places you plaster it.

It's also a huge timing thing: many are interpreting this as "if I had to order it tomorrow", but if were talking over the next year... people can plan now. If you did a signup for each color with the required # of slots and just said "once we fill 50 slots for gold x-valves we will make them, or cancel by december 2019 if we don't reach 50"... then you will build momentum.

I've seen it it plenty of other posts from other makers... post a new idea, walk away, let the buzz generate, etc. and in 9 months you will have guaranteed sales. Heck... using this method, you could have a sign-up for each color, and over 9 months people can put their money where their paint-suckers are with deposits... whichever color hits its target first gets made first.

I bet if you took a poll for new black valves right now too as a control group, your response would be abysmal as well. The community has been kept alive with second hand sales primarily for so long that it people just don't know to look or plan on looking for a new valves.

Try a signup list for each color, list your minimum quantity to produce, and collect deposits... got anything to lose?

Out of curiosity, has the thought of doing a limited edition run ever cross your mind? When I say limited edition run, I mean anodizing the front half of the valve with a polished clear anodize and a black or charcoal back half. To pay homage of the introduction of the rt valve? On one side you can have th RT laser engraved and on the other either a lion or X logo. Just wondering if a limited run of a special valve ever crossed your mind?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Please note that your calculation for 1 yes vote to equal 1 purchased xvalve is wrong. I can assure you that custom mag builds are in full force and dont just stop with 1 build per person. My yes vote will turn into purchasing 1 of every new color and I know there are many others like me currently. The idea to limit a run of 50 in new colors is solid. Make sure no 1 person can purchase more then 2 per color, deposits toward these production runs always seem to work out. This community may not be alive like it once was, but the FB pages are going strong. Nostalgia of the game is taking back the industry. Let us all help you reestablish what once was. I'm still young to mags compared to many on this forum, but once I got bit and saw the personal customizing that can be done with every mag, I became hooked. Especially with anno. Building a insane mag collection has become my hobby. All that said, to say this, thanks for listening to the community and willing to put forth your time, energy, and money to bring us all what we need/want. I hope we all respond in a way that keeps AGD alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost flanker View Post
    I never understood why a dust black was never produced.
    I did quite a few...I'll do more.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JimBobFett View Post
    You made this poll during the deadest time of paintball's off-season too... and only 1 week as pointed out. Lots of guys just aren't paying attention no matter how many places you plaster it.

It's also a huge timing thing: many are interpreting this as "if I had to order it tomorrow", but if were talking over the next year... people can plan now. If you did a signup for each color with the required # of slots and just said "once we fill 50 slots for gold x-valves we will make them, or cancel by december 2019 if we don't reach 50"... then you will build momentum.

I've seen it it plenty of other posts from other makers... post a new idea, walk away, let the buzz generate, etc. and in 9 months you will have guaranteed sales. Heck... using this method, you could have a sign-up for each color, and over 9 months people can put their money where their paint-suckers are with deposits... whichever color hits its target first gets made first.

I bet if you took a poll for new black valves right now too as a control group, your response would be abysmal as well. The community has been kept alive with second hand sales primarily for so long that it people just don't know to look or plan on looking for a new valves.

Try a signup list for each color, list your minimum quantity to produce, and collect deposits... got anything to lose?
    I certainly follow your thoughts. I have a little experience in the paintball industry so I understand the limited information produced by the poll. I'll be trying my best to arrange the ability to produce the product in the best possible way to meet the current and upcoming demands. I wish it was as easy as creating a signup list, reaching a goal and then making them. It is not that easy with the valves. I will definitely work to encourage the creation of some colors based on the polls. I really want some color myself.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

And then there's Tuna! I need a Tuna creation for myself....

I have one........
    ......You know you want one!!

Tuna if you do another run, I'm in to buy 1 or 2. Keep me posted. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loguzzzzzz View Post
    i have one........
    x2

Me three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ff33gfd View Post
    Tuna if you do another run, I'm in to buy 1 or 2. Keep me posted. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by awo702 View Post
    Me three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May as well toss my name in too, I may as well go broke building mags than play this year...

Sandman, I want a bright gloss lime green one with a big fat ol' X lasered on it. Take my money. Haha

I was thinking... (oh, god, run for your lives...)

You know, its just a 'valve' or engine... on so many other guns having a colored engine is pointless since its inside the marker bod... hey, wait a second:

Would it just be possible to make a 'sleeve' that fits around the valve, and this sleeve can be colored? Might be a simple solution.

Speaking as a newer guy on the forums, time frame and cost would be my concerns as well. Really looking forward to the xult bodies that are being made, but it took a little convincing with the wife to justify it. so i cant for sure drop a ton of money on an xvalve right now.
    That being said, i would love to have a brand new shiny x valve to put into it
    So for my right now serious answer, a colored x valve is dependant on cost, but in a month or so when i can justify another big paintball purchase, i cant imagine anything keeping me from buying one. I would be happy to make a deposit for a new valve (especially one with new engraving), and make full payment on completion.

Also, i just realized this thread is 4 months old, but i hope this is still a posibility.