Thread: Need Hel with a 4500psi Scott Tank & Pack

Need Hel with a 4500psi Scott Tank & Pack

I have a Tippmann .68 Caliber Paintball Marker Tactical Editon

I have 1 Scott pack and 2 tanks at 4500 psi.

If I’m reading what you said is correct, will you please answer some questions for me?

1 : I can hookup the Scott pack directly to my paintball gun.

2 : Are you say that I can use the regulator on the pack?

3: What’s a "Quick charge whip"? Do you have any pictures of the whip that you are talking about ?

4 : Where can I get a nipple style that is used on most paintball tanks? Do you have any pictures of the nipple that I would need?

5 : The reg that is also on the pack will deliver about 100 PSI is that enough to shoot the gun?

6 : Can you tell me what’s the PIS the gun will need to make it shoot?

7: I have a Tippmann .68 Caliber Paintball Marker Tactical Editon

I have 1 Scott pack and 2 tanks at 4500 psi.

If I’m reading what you said is correct, will you please answer some questions for me?

1 : I can hookup the Scott pack directly to my paintball gun.

2 : Are you say that I can use the regulator on the pack?

3: What’s a "Quick charge whip"? Do you have any pictures of the whip that you are talking about ?

4 : Where can I get a nipple style that is used on most paintball tanks? Do you have any pictures of the nipple that I would need?

5 : The reg that is also on the pack will deliver about 100 PSI is that enough to shoot the gun?

6 : Can you tell me what’s the PIS the gun will need to make it shoot?

7: what’s kind of regulator do I need to set the pressure that comes out of a 4500pis Scott SCBA a tank to work with a tippmann .68 paintball gun?

Thank you for all your help.

The quick answer is no, you cannot hook up a Scott Pack to a paintball gun. They are not made for that. The 100psi output from a pack is not enough for most paintball guns. You need at least 800psi to properly operate most guns for interchangability with CO2. A scott regulator will also not have enough air flow to properly charge up a gun to maintain shot to shot consistency.

A quick charge whip is a hose that connects from an unregulated bottle on-off valve that allows you to connect to the fill nipple on the gun bottle.

Any paintball store or online paintball store should have the fill nipples needed. You won't need a nipple if you have the proper bottle setup. It will already have one.

You need a proper paintball tank with regulator to properly and safely operate a paintball gun. Don't try to jury rig a setup without proper high pressure air knowledge. It is very dangerous and can kill or maim.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.