Thread: Ludicrous mag

Ludicrous mag

Hey Guys,

Put this together a few weeks ago... totally weird... lots of fun... shoots great!

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  74.0 KB

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  67.9 KB

Had a buddy mill the auto response flat (which was already cut for double trigger and soiled and impure before every one flogs me for this transgression).

He also milled the RTP rail so it ended where the black ice reg back started... and shaved off the wings (for added weirdness)...

Then I connected an RTP sear to the auto response linkage...

Anywho... just wanted to share.
    Last edited by Mondoatx; 04-27-2019 at 05:07 AM.

If space pirates played paintball... this is what they would shoot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let the purists and haters hate. This is paintball, and I've never seen a mag like that

The bottom half of the Air America regulator on the mag A.I.R valve. This was actually done quite often back in the day to shave off some weight. After a while peeps stopped doing it, but its still cool to see cause that's the cool thing about mags. You can customize them as you want.

To be fair, once the mag reached what they called Level 7, there was nothing you could've really done to the mag to help improve performance. Aside from a level 10 bolt upgrade and to put in an rt on/off to lighten up the trigger pull. Everything else was just a cosmetic upgrade for the mag, that's why you might see some negative feedback from some peeps. But as long as your happy with it, it doesn't really matter what others say, cause it's your automag to do with as you please.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gundam V; 04-29-2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Addition

Those shocktech on/off asa's are easily my favorite. Also, nice excellerator barrel! I have a whole jt excellerator collection.

I don't understand. Do people dislike the legendary space mags? Seems to me if it's like you say gundam, the more unique aesthetically would be cause for praise I say. To be fair, this is coming from a guy making his own stainless cocker body. I guess I just don't understand the mag world... I like em though

Quote Originally Posted by b=three View Post
    I don't understand. Do people dislike the legendary space mags? Seems to me if it's like you say gundam, the more unique aesthetically would be cause for praise I say. To be fair, this is coming from a guy making his own stainless cocker body. I guess I just don't understand the mag world... I like em though
    It depends on the aesthetic, some people will complain about it for whatever reason, even if it's not theirs. Thankfully for most others they won't care. As for space mags, from what I remember, its cause almost everything on it was custom made. So they had a matching flow going on, in contrast, its less so when you mix and match parts that don't go all that well together. That's where you may here some criticisms.

Got chya

To be fair, this is coming from a guy making his own stainless cocker body.
    You've piqued my curiosity, do you have any pics of the work in progress?

No progress photo yet my new friend. I'd prefer to do more work on it until I post it up. So far all I have is two stainless tubes with single flats milled down them. I posted an inquiry on mcb in the cocker forum and got some excellent ideas. The wall thickness of the tubes is about an 1/8th. It will be heavy and more or less industrctable. We shall see...

No progress photo yet my new friend. I'd prefer to do more work on it until I post it up. So far all I have is two stainless tubes with single flats milled down them. I posted an inquiry on mcb in the cocker forum and got some excellent ideas. The wall thickness of the tubes is about an 1/8th. It will be heavy and more or less industrctable. We shall see...
    When your ready to show it please post some pics, I'm very interested in seeing how it's coming along. Although I have played and owned mags exclusively for the last 20 years because of their reliability and excellent performance. I do plan on building myself an autococker, since I like to tinker with stuff, but that's only after I finish all my mag builds.