Thread: Another Emag Valve Question

Another Emag Valve Question

I just rebuilt my Emag valve and I'm having a bit of trouble. At rest, the regulator is leaking out the back adjustment hole (it's not in too far or out too far). When I hold the trigger down, the leak stops but I get a slow lawn sprinkler effect. The on/off was just working in a Classic valve, the only change being that it now has a (new) quad oring as its back in the emag valve.

Would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me what I screwed up

Quote Originally Posted by hobbesTZ View Post
    I just rebuilt my Emag valve and I'm having a bit of trouble. At rest, the regulator is leaking out the back adjustment hole (it's not in too far or out too far). When I hold the trigger down, the leak stops but I get a slow lawn sprinkler effect. The on/off was just working in a Classic valve, the only change being that it now has a (new) quad oring as its back in the emag valve.

Would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me what I screwed up
    Lawn sprinkler is on/off orings. Did you change them? Did you try another quad oring? They must fit fairly snug on the pin. Level 10? Original Reg piston?
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I haven't changed them since they were just working fine, but I'll try and replace the quad oring again.

No level 10 and the reg piston is original I believe.

I replaced and swapped some orings and it was sealing at first but started leaking slowly. The lawn sprinkler is gone but it has a very small leak out the back regardless of how far in or out the adjuster is.

Have you had any luck with the leak? I'm interested since I have leak issues with my e-mag as well.

Quote Originally Posted by maximusgladus View Post
    Have you had any luck with the leak? I'm interested since I have leak issues with my e-mag as well.
    Maximus, I bought that Emag off is Hobbes. I was able to stop the leak by replacing the o-ring below the regulator seat holder. I opened up my xvalve and compared it to the Emag valve and noticed the Oring on Emag valve was worn and not sealing like the one in my xvalve. So using the parts kit Hobbes sent I replaced the Oring and the valve is running like a champ.

Now I just got to send the Emag to Tunaman for some work on the electronics and it will be rocking and rolling. It is a beast in mechanical form, it has a great sweet spot with the tunablade I put on it.

I’m putting up 2 pics. One shows the Emag valve unscrewed from the regulator showing the regulator seat holder, the other is the Oring below the regulator seat holder, that is the Oring I replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dstud2000 View Post
    Maximus, I bought that Emag off is Hobbes. I was able to stop the leak by replacing the o-ring below the regulator seat holder. I opened up my xvalve and compared it to the Emag valve and noticed the Oring on Emag valve was worn and not sealing like the one in my xvalve. So using the parts kit Hobbes sent I replaced the Oring and the valve is running like a champ.

Now I just got to send the Emag to Tunaman for some work on the electronics and it will be rocking and rolling. It is a beast in mechanical form, it has a great sweet spot with the tunablade I put on it.

I’m putting up 2 pics. One shows the Emag valve unscrewed from the regulator showing the regulator seat holder, the other is the Oring below the regulator seat holder, that is the Oring I replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont forget to take that little oring out of the reg seat holder and install it in the back half of the valve before screwing them together