Thread: SE WI - Possible end of an era

SE WI - Possible end of an era

Well I've been out of playing for a few years, and was looking to get back into it this year, but the new owners of Paintball Sam's/Breakaway Paintball, Power Paintball, had their compressor, air table, and tractor stolen. With this hit, it may mean the field closes for good unless someone with very deep pockets saves it.

Not having any other options, I'll probably be going to Siege from now on.
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

Was Nicole still running the show after they moved from the Racine location or did she retire with the original field?

Nah, Nicki hasn’t been involved since Sam’s closed in ‘08. I haven’t talked to her since then, no clue what she’s up to.

Harry was still reffing when it was Breakaway. I haven’t been back since the new owners took over, so no clue if he was still around.

They've taken the field off their site and have stopped responding to inquiries from anyone about the field. Looks like it's for good.

I assume these are the same guys running the indoor Power Paintball in Lombard, IL?

Why does someone steal a paintball compressor and air table? Really? what are they going to do with it? Start a field with stolen equipment that's fairly identifiable. Run games in their back yard?
    I don't understand people . Why the hell would anyone commit a felony crime stealing those items...? morons.. hurts paintball and gains them absolutely nothing...
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I assume these are the same guys running the indoor Power Paintball in Lombard, IL?

Why does someone steal a paintball compressor and air table? Really? what are they going to do with it? Start a field with stolen equipment that's fairly identifiable. Run games in their back yard?
    I don't understand people . Why the hell would anyone commit a felony crime stealing those items...? morons.. hurts paintball and gains them absolutely nothing...
    You would be correct, it was Power Paintball.

As for the theft, I'm both confused by the items stolen and surprised they were able to make off with all of it. I'm surprised they didn't bring the stuff off the field with them though, back when I was reffing when it was Breakaway, that's what Mark did. He had a few break ins but nothing of major value was ever lost.

Inside Job...not implicating them(power) but someone who knows them for sure... no one steals those kinds of items unless they are well informed. ...waste of time and felony charges...no way...