Thread: Micromag Valve Issue

Micromag Valve Issue

I finally got around to tinkering with my micromag. It was leaking out the macroline fitting that is on the valve and also down the barrel. I replaced all of the on/off orings and the fitting. I also replaced the oring in the power tube. It's a lvl 7 bolt and classic valve. It doesn't leak anymore. But when I shoot it, the balls aren't coming out fast enough. They are just sort of lobbing about 15 yards from the marker. The bolt cycles but it just makes this sputtering sound when you pull the trigger without paintballs. I'm clueless on what to try now. Any help would be appreciated.

Is the regulator backed out all the way? If not, then it may be issues with bolt stick. Make sure you can remove your barrel easily, and if that doesn't help, you may need a longer power tube spacer.
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
    Is the regulator backed out all the way? If not, then it may be issues with bolt stick. Make sure you can remove your barrel easily, and if that doesn't help, you may need a longer power tube spacer.
    The regulator is not backed out all the way. It's as far in as the tournament lock will allow. Ok, I'll try those two things and see where that gets me. Thanks!

Remove the tournament lock and chrono the marker..

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Remove the tournament lock and chrono the marker..
    I don't have a chrono just yet, but I should be getting it by Wednesday.

From the start it sounded to me like you needed to turn up the velocity, now I think the Tourny lock is preventing you from doing so. Just remove the lock and turn up the velocity to see if you can get it to cycle properly, and chrono the marker before you shoot anyone. If it leaks air out the back it's turned in too far..

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    From the start it sounded to me like you needed to turn up the velocity, now I think the Tourny lock is preventing you from doing so. Just remove the lock and turn up the velocity to see if you can get it to cycle properly, and chrono the marker before you shoot anyone. If it leaks air out the back it's turned in too far..
    I will try that Luke. When adjusting the velocity screw, is it pretty touchy, like a little does a lot?

Yeah, a little will do a lot. Quarter turn will likely be the max you'll need. I would just shoot it, turn it a bit, shoot it, and you should be able to get a feel for how much you need to turn it to get it up to a good velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    I will try that Luke. When adjusting the velocity screw, is it pretty touchy, like a little does a lot?
    Dont worry too much about it, just turn the adjuster clockwise (tightening) a little at a time until it cycles consistently. If it leaks out the back you went too far, if so, back it out to the point it stops, then go about 1/4 turn more. This will at least give you piece of mind until you can chrono the marker.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    Once the gun starts firing, ONE full revolution should take you from 200fps to 300fps.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart