Thread: Rebuilding AA tank regs??

Rebuilding AA tank regs??

Can I rebuild any of these regs? Trying to find a bottle. Looks like wicked sports has some bottles for sale.

Is it worth it?

Name:  IMG_2924.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  155.5 KB

Sure they are worth it to do...good as any other regulator. If you can find the parts...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I know that Immortal Air, sells the OEM Air America regulator pin and seat. When I was talking to them, they mentioned they were planning on doing the orings and possibly the pistons for them. But they gave no eta, just that they are working on it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Call or email Immortal Air. It's primarily run by Jon Colby, son of Air America's creator Dan Colby. They did at least just come out with new 4500psi reg seats (the correct harder durometer ones) in the last couple months.

When I chatted with Jon the main concern with Apocs and Geddons were the reg seats and cranking the adjuster too far in ruining them. Otherwise, they can be flipped once doubling the life of the reg seat. He could definitely address your concerns and help you out more thna me.

Bunny, I have a copy of the old AA Apoc manual if that'd be of any help. And you can usually find cheap 4500psi Raptor Rex non-adjustable tank regs to pillage some parts from!
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

My problem in rebuilding my old Armageddons has been replacing the old burst disks. Mine leaked like a sieve, but Immortal Air told me you can't use modern, universal burst disks. You have to use their multi-part burst disks and they don't have any. Immortal Air told me they were figuring out how to make new ones and what that would cost.

The armageddon's are worth the rebuuld. You won't find a more consistent reg out there. I am assuming the other 2 are 2k Apocalypse. As good as the geddons, but a little harder to use. The on/off for the tank is on the tank side, so you are trying to close off the reg from the 4500psi side. You need a tool or very strong hands.

:d