Thread: Micro-mag sear on/off pin question

Micro-mag sear on/off pin question

Background: Working on a Micro-mag with a bit of an odd issue that seems like bolt stick. I say seems because I swap all the parts to my mini-mag and it works with out issue. now when i put the min-mag parts in the micro-mag body i have the same issue. I have swapped the sear as well with no improvement. I think i have narrowed it down to something is different about the micro-mag body. So just as an experiment i made a spacer out of foil and put it between the on/off pin and sear. Problem Mostly gone now.

question: Is the sear or on/off pin specific for the micro-mags?

Yes. Everything about Micromags was micromag specific, except for the fact that no one knows what those specifics are. I tossed many a Micromag body in the lagoon. You probably need to shorten the pin, but by how much is anyones guess.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I think in my case make it longer. since adding material improved it. either way thanks for the info.

Hmmm, proteam products not to specs and people having problems with them? No wonder AGD always asks for people to keep thing in spec.

adding material under the rail effectively shortens the pin...TUNA IS NEVER WRONG!
    ......You know you want one!!

I've seen micromag pins from .765 to .600. There is only one way to tell if you have the right size...start grinding.

Depending on the generation of the micromag body, if its an early one, you might have the screws from the ball detent poking in too far such that it is interfering with the valve or bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by caylegeorge View Post
    Depending on the generation of the micromag body, if its an early one, you might have the screws from the ball detent poking in too far such that it is interfering with the valve or bolt.
    No screws on the detent

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    adding material under the rail effectively shortens the pin...TUNA IS NEVER WRONG!
    i added material to the top of the sear under the on off pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I've seen micromag pins from .765 to .600. There is only one way to tell if you have the right size...start grinding.
    where can i get a few of those long pins?

AGD has .765 pins. I am out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    AGD has .765 pins. I am out of them
    Thanks. I don't see it on the site so I'll email them.