Thread: HPA Consideration

HPA Consideration

So I've been thinking on my tank situation that I have. I have 2 tanks: 1 68/4500 with an output right under 800psi; 1 68/4500 with an output at 850psi. I can RT with the 850psi tank, but it doesn't last long. I'm thinking of getting a bigger tank and possibly a reg that can have a higher output. I know there is Ninja. Anyone have experience with the First Strike tanks and regs? They have some big sized tanks for sale. Not looking to spend alot on this. I'm on a budget, and actually I am about to go through my stuff and sell parts and/or markers that I've accumulated by just jumping without thinking on it. I just want to get to the things that I really like and want to keep. Anyways, side tangent aside, I would like yall's opinion on whether a bigger tank with the same output pressure would be be better than bigger and higher. Also, what's your experience with the bigger than 68ci tanks as far as the number of shots out of it.

Oh, and the other tank I'm going to use for the "new to me" Ego 7 I'll be getting soon.

Thanks as always!!
    Jared

Ask Tuna what he thinks about the SHP regs (super high pressure) on mags.

Personally I'd stick with what you have as far as PSI output.

Also I dont think PE recommends high pressure on their products.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Ask Tuna what he thinks about the SHP regs (super high pressure) on mags.

Personally I'd stick with what you have as far as PSI output.

Also I dont think PE recommends high pressure on their products.
    So, you're thinking that I should just get a bigger tank. Do you have any personal preferences in tank/reg manufacturers that make bigger tanks than 68ci? I am 6'1" with long arms. If there are any archery people here, my draw length is 30" which maxes most compound bows these days.

Could I just get a low pressure to switch to that other tank then? Or would buying a tank with one be a better option? Don't know if taking regs off and on many times is bad.

As for the FS tank/reg

Now this statement has an asterisk,

AS FAR AS I KNOW* the regs are a PE design and parts MAY be interchangable. I have not found confirmation of this yet as o have not had both tanks side by side to tear down the regulators.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The size of a tank only matters to the number of total shots. You never mentimentiomentimentionmentimentiomentimention3men timentiomentimentionmentimentiomentimention3d what gun/valve you have, like whether or not its an original RT, or a emag/ReTro/Xvalve. Also, the reactive trigger is not dependent upon the size of the tank, but manipulation of the trigger to get it to "bounce", i.e. holding your trigger in such a way that the gun is firing with little to no "pulling of the trigger". Mind you, this is more a by product, versus the intention of the RT. The RT was meant to reset the trigger in a positive way to help with short stroking.

Higher PSI regs are not healthy to valves. Yes, you could put 1100psi into the valve, but it lessens the reliability, orings wear quicker, and shots per tank goes down drastically. A 68/4500 at 800psi should get you about 15 shots per cubic in or about 1000 shots, on a good day. Increasing tank output pressure could cut that in half.

Question, does your field not have HPA?

As for the ego7, unless you really like the looks/gun, or its for incredibly cheap, i would look at more later models. The earliest egos have no factory support, the gun also is 12 years old and parts aren't common anymore, and there are better egos that could be had for the same price. Hell, you can get some of the latest PE offerings for probably the same price versus the ego7. Either tank is suitable for the ego, and by not changing regs on the tanks, you can swap either tank to each gun withiut the possibility of blowing up the all important and very expensive ego solenoid.

I have 2 mags with xvalves that I would mainly use. The local field and local shop has hpa. I will just stick with the output then since it can rt at 850psi. I'll think about the larger tank more. It might be more comfortable with a longer tank.

The Ego 7 I got from Ebay will be here today. It has a zick kit and a hush bolt already. It's a PEV's model if that matters. I paid 370, so I hope i didn't overpay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Planet-Ecli...rdt=true&rt=nc

I do like the looks and design of the Ego. Looks different from all the other newer, "single stack" guns. Please advise with any other offerings whether PE or other brands. Just shoot me a PM regarding non-automag so we can keep this more intune to the forum.
    Last edited by jbtamu1011; 08-05-2019 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Added link

I like the CS2.

And the LV1.

LV1 is a great Ego....

I doubt I am going to be playing anytime soon, so I have this Empire 80/4500 that you might be interested in. It has only been used once. Email me. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Last edited by Tunaman; 08-17-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I doubt I am going to be playing anytime soon, so I have this Empire 80/4500 that you might be interested in. It has only been used once. Email me. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Emailed ya, tunaman.
    Last edited by Tunaman; 08-17-2019 at 05:23 PM.

I like the CS2.

And the LV1.

LV1 is a great Ego....

Man, those are very nice suggestions!! Those are out of my budget to drop that much money on one marker when this is just a hobby and enjoyment to tinker and play. Any that are half those prices that you would suggest, going_home?

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    Man, those are very nice suggestions!! Those are out of my budget to drop that much money on one marker when this is just a hobby and enjoyment to tinker and play. Any that are half those prices that you would suggest, going_home?
    Etha 2.

You can get a used one in the $300 range or about $400 new.

Go on YouTube and search adjusting the trigger.

You can lighten the trigger quite a bit with adjustments.

Etha 2.

You can get a used one in the $300 range or about $400 new.

Go on YouTube and search adjusting the trigger.

You can lighten the trigger quite a bit with adjustments.

I've heard those a little indestructible guns and really reliable and popular.