Thread: Xvalve in emag problems

Xvalve in emag problems

Okay guys first off I've got a Phoenix body and rail on emag lowers running an xvalve with level 10. The xvalve has a brand new 7.12 pin and new quad oring on a rt on/off. When I air up it puts slight pressure on the trigger in mech mode but does not fire and I have to push bolt back just a little to catch sear. In e-mode it trips solenoid and seems like the electronics are operating fine but it seems like the bolt has already tripped and the solenoid is hitting on a bolt that's at the rest position. I'm confident it's not an electronic problem but a valve and on/off problem. I have another emag that is completely original and I have swapped the valves around and the xvalve does the exact same thing the original emag but the emag valve works perfect in the Phoenix, so it's got to be in the xvalve right?

could be the bolt spring on the X valve needs replaced. or your level 10 carrier might be too tight.

sounds like you need to tune the level 10.

If you pull the bolt off the powertube is it tight? my thought is the spring isnt strong enough to push the bolt back enough to reset and it isnt actually shooting to get the full push from the spring. try a larger carrier.

Actually tried the different bolt spring, because I thought the same thing when I realized it had a gold spring( like the one on the old level 7). Have not tuned level 10 yet. A first it seems kinda tight when removing bolt but then seems to loosen up after a couple of times. Nevertheless I will inspect level 10 and adjust if need be and let you guys know.

Just pulled carrier out and it had a oring that had turned an ugly amber color so I tossed it and replaced with a new one. Went through the process of sizing the carrier to the oring and got one that was just a hair to loose because it leaked a little. So I thought well if it's just a smigen to loose it should not have any resistance on bolt. After all this it does the same thing as before. Still has slight pressure on trigger which leads me to another thought. Is the pin long enough to do its thing or is 7.12 the (got to be, has to be ) length?

Quote Originally Posted by Magoman View Post
    Just pulled carrier out and it had a oring that had turned an ugly amber color so I tossed it and replaced with a new one. Went through the process of sizing the carrier to the oring and got one that was just a hair to loose because it leaked a little. So I thought well if it's just a smigen to loose it should not have any resistance on bolt. After all this it does the same thing as before. Still has slight pressure on trigger which leads me to another thought. Is the pin long enough to do its thing or is 7.12 the (got to be, has to be ) length?
    Do you have the original AGD body and rail to try? Is there a rail bushing in the rail?
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

The Phoenix body and rail is paired up with the lowers I just bought from you about 4 weeks back. So no original body and rail. The Phoenix does have bushing. I have swapped the xvavle into my original agd emag and I get the same results.

did you try tightening the field strip screw with a wrench?

First off thank you to vintage, captain pinky and tuna. The level 10 needed a little tweaking here and there. And probably in my haste to get this beast up and running I overlooked a few unassuming but essential steps. Big, big thanks to tuna for the lowers he sold me, this thing freaking rips!