Thread: Appraisial of Markers for Trades

Appraisial of Markers for Trades

Howdy all,

I wanted to ask the group what would be a fair appraisal for a trade without paying additional money for two electric markers. I wanted to ask here because I know the forum is full of experienced and knowledgeable people. I have an Planet Ecslipse Etek 2 and a Planet Eclipse PEV's Ego 7. Since I kind of rushed these two purchases, I'd like to get an electric to round out my collection(any brand with good support still) since I have plenty of mechanical guns as y'all know. Thanks AO'ers!!

Planet Eclipse PEV's Ego 7 - Silver/Black
    Zick kit
    Hush Bolt
    Everything else stock
    Oring rebuild kit
    Stock parts included (bolt and rammer)
    Case

Planet Eclipse Etek 2 - Black/Black
    Stock
    Awaiting new grip
    Awaiting new detents
    Oring rebuild kit
    No case
    *Picture to come*
    Last edited by jbtamu1011; 08-08-2019 at 10:47 AM. Reason: can't spell words - corrected

Value wise you are looking at about $325 of I had to put a number on it

A trade is going to be rough because you will need to find someone that A) has something you want and more importantly B) is looking for 2 mid 2000s electros which are about the least sought after group of markers right now

What are you trying to get though?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

trbo323, I'm not sure. I realize there are sooooo many electro options out there. I know probably can't trade for an E-mag. I like the styling of the Ego 7, but I'm finding out that parts are not easy to find if there is something goes wrong with it. I'm really clueless on electros.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    trbo323, I'm not sure. I realize there are sooooo many electro options out there. I know probably can't trade for an E-mag. I like the styling of the Ego 7, but I'm finding out that parts are not easy to find if there is something goes wrong with it. I'm really clueless on electros.
    You pretty much nailed it. Parts are hard to come by at this point but also there just is not a lot of interest in general in electros these days. The industry is swinging towards mechanical markers.

Look at it this way, I JUST picked up my first automag, minimag with a x valve and hyper frame, roughly $350-400 value. Now putting aside that I absolutely stole it price wise if you offered me a trade and even if you are adding cash there is no way in hell I'm interested until you are adding like $300. I can find parts for the automag made in the mid 90s easier than both the markers you have. Not to mention the mag being waaaay more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by trbo323 View Post
    You pretty much nailed it. Parts are hard to come by at this point but also there just is not a lot of interest in general in electros these days. The industry is swinging towards mechanical markers.

Look at it this way, I JUST picked up my first automag, minimag with a x valve and hyper frame, roughly $350-400 value. Now putting aside that I absolutely stole it price wise if you offered me a trade and even if you are adding cash there is no way in hell I'm interested until you are adding like $300. I can find parts for the automag made in the mid 90s easier than both the markers you have. Not to mention the mag being waaaay more interesting

Awesome information. I might put it out in the forums just to see what kind of bites I get, if any just to be curious. I'm definitely going to keep my to mags with Xvalves and a classic valve minimag.

I did find that you can go through Planet Eclipse's website and there is a spare parts section. Mind, it's shipped from Europe and it's not too high of priced parts.

trbo323, if you had to pick top 3 electros that you would recommend that could possibly fall close to a 2-4-1 deal? Say, up to $150 wiggle room as well.