Thread: Hardline into rail

Hardline into rail

Thanks Capitan pinky for the photo.... Not that I asked

How does this work? I've always liked the look of the Hardlines but didn't realize they could go into the rail rather than straight into the valve. Is it a special rail/valve combo?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trbo323 View Post
    Thanks Capitan pinky for the photo.... Not that I asked

How does this work? I've always liked the look of the Hardlines but didn't realize they could go into the rail rather than straight into the valve. Is it a special rail/valve combo?

Classic RT Mags only. Note how the Valve is covered by the body on both sides too where the airlines are usually for regular valves. The RT Valve used a special banjo bolt where the fieldstrip screw is that had air passages for the RT Valve to be fed through the rail like that.

Cool, thanks

It is still possible to do hard lines for other valves correct? What about a quick disconnect so you can still field strip it?

Should be. There are a couple of guys on the Mag FB groups that did their own aluminum hardlines, bent the tubing for that "hardline" look, and iirc they used standard macro fittings? A couple of them even match annodized the aluminum tubing when they did custom annodziing for their builds.

Simplest and cheapest way to do this on a regular mag is with 1/4" OD aluminum tubing and regular paintball macroline fittings (macroline is 1/4" OD). The RT Classic pictured above uses 3/16" SS tubing. You can find macroline-style fittings for 3/16" tubing, but you need to know what you're looking for.

Using macroline fittings lets you utilize their quick disconnect features.

Do I need any specific wall thicknesses to do 1/4 Hardline?

Most tubing used for pneumatic applications will have a burst rating. Look for brakeline with the burst rating akin to what you get with marcoline.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Most tubing used for pneumatic applications will have a burst rating. Look for brakeline with the burst rating akin to what you get with marcoline.
    Got point thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    There are a couple of guys on the Mag FB groups that did their own aluminum hardlines, bent the tubing for that "hardline" look, and iirc they used standard macro fittings?
    Legolas on MCB has kits for sale.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-hardline.html