Thread: Barrel question

Barrel question

Anyone have any experience with Armson stealth barrels? How do they stack up to a dye ultralight or a smart parts all American or tear drop accuracy wise and quietness.

I tried it out many years ago and they didn't shoot any better or worse. Weren't especially loud, but as I said. I tried it out many years ago, the paint were slightly larger than most paint today. So, don't know how good they are with today's under sized paint.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have a Armason stealth and a dye ultralight. I like the DYE UL, I am indifferent about the stealth. My opinion is get a DYE UL back in the size for paint you use most often (.687, .685, etc) and choose the length and color tip you want and you will be very satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a DYE (cant remember if its a UL or Boomstick). Compared to my SP teardrop, it seems to be on the heavy side. Was looking for some lighter and quiet options. I am also looking at the SP all american barrels.

Whether Dye UL or Freak All American. You can't go wrong with either barrel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by REBEL View Post
    I have a DYE (cant remember if its a UL or Boomstick). Compared to my SP teardrop, it seems to be on the heavy side. Was looking for some lighter and quiet options. I am also looking at the SP all american barrels.
    If it is heavy it is probably a boomstick, those had stainless steel back with aluminum fronts. The ultra light is all aluminum and extremely light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadlywinds sells CF tips for many different backs if weight is an issue. They sell one that goes on a Dye UL back or Freak back. I just bought one for my Freak back but haven't tried it.

https://www.deadlywind.com/whip-tip

Quote Originally Posted by REBEL View Post
    If the back is stainless, the. its a boomstick. Traditionally, the boomstick was glued. If the barrel is aluminium, i.e. same material as the front, then it is an ultralite. Despite the name, it is not any lighter than any other compersble sized bsrrel, unless the bsrrel is csrbon fiber.