0 0%
  • Other

3 33.33%
  • Wait for 2020 Mid-tiers

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Possible Project - Need Some Wise Advice

All new (2009+) spool electros feel the same to me. Sure, there are slight differences, but they're all pretty much the same. That's not a bad thing. They're nearly perfect.

For that reason, my current approach to my collection is one or two different newer spools and the rest old school. Old school markers are so much more customizable and tinker-ready.

Mech cocker is my vote, but there's nothing wrong with building a substantial mag collection either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyxyll View Post
    All new (2009+) spool electros feel the same to me. Sure, there are slight differences, but they're all pretty much the same. That's not a bad thing. They're nearly perfect.

For that reason, my current approach to my collection is one or two different newer spools and the rest old school. Old school markers are so much more customizable and tinker-ready.

Mech cocker is my vote, but there's nothing wrong with building a substantial mag collection either.
    Xyxyll, are there any other services or brands like Inception Design that sales parts for you to build a kit yourself? I like how they layout what you need to buy. Anyone else can chime in to this question if you know.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    Xyxyll, are there any other services or brands like Inception Design that sales parts for you to build a kit yourself? I like how they layout what you need to buy. Anyone else can chime in to this question if you know.
    The world is your oyster. That's one of the best parts about autococker builds. Much like automags, they're very modular and you can build them from scratch. Others can chime in about various new body kits, but you can also look through used ones. There are usually a bunch for sale on eBay and the facebook Autococker groups.

I have an inexpensive WGP Autococker if you want to start there..

You also have paintballgateway.com as an option for cheap autococker bodies too. I bought a prostock 04 body from there for $60. Came with body, back block, angle v-asa, and hinge trigger.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    You also have paintballgateway.com as an option for cheap autococker bodies too. I bought a prostock 04 body from there for $60. Came with body, back block, angle v-asa, and hinge trigger.

wow that's a good deal. I'll definitely check there.

I would look to what you are lacking, i.e. the type of gun for specific rolls at your field. Mech for walkons, electro/speed for high level games, pump, etc. There is no one answer for what you need. Only you know the answer. I personally don't recycle guns, so i have paintball guns for all seasons, all occasions. And the availability of what you want is not hard, given time and a little money. So if there is a dream gun you always wanted, you can get it. So if there is something you want to try, or fill a niche, go for it. My wants and needs won't match up with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I would look to what you are lacking, i.e. the type of gun for specific rolls at your field. Mech for walkons, electro/speed for high level games, pump, etc. There is no one answer for what you need. Only you know the answer. I personally don't recycle guns, so i have paintball guns for all seasons, all occasions. And the availability of what you want is not hard, given time and a little money. So if there is a dream gun you always wanted, you can get it. So if there is something you want to try, or fill a niche, go for it. My wants and needs won't match up with yours.
    That makes sense, Nobody. Right now, I think I'm just in a tinkering mood. I was searching the interwebs and bought a autococker body kit. This will be a long project because I can't drop all the money on all the parts at once. So.......yep I decided on a mech autococker build.

That makes sense, Nobody. Right now, I think I'm just in a tinkering mood. I was searching the interwebs and bought a autococker body kit. This will be a long project because I can't drop all the money on all the parts at once. So.......yep I decided on a mech autococker build.
    In that case, i would suggest a Ressurection build. You have an easier lower tube(no need for a valve tool), all improvements over a cocker build, locking feednecks, and various body improvements that make cocker life better. Now, if you want to scratch build the gun and for example, always wanted a Freeflow Lotus body. Well, start saving your money. With the 2nd coming of cockers, specific PL bodies/guns have gotten to stupid prices. The want doesn't always match the will or bank account.

Now, ressurrections, other than Inception Designs bodies, i don't know many PL or different bodies available. But getting a base Empire gun and putting on a few parts that will improve it for you is a cheaper and easier way. If you want to build a cocker, it is not for the feint of heart. And building the gun, you have a whole host of options, theories and biases towards and requires a separate post.

In that case, i would suggest a Ressurection build. You have an easier lower tube(no need for a valve tool), all improvements over a cocker build, locking feednecks, and various body improvements that make cocker life better. Now, if you want to scratch build the gun and for example, always wanted a Freeflow Lotus body. Well, start saving your money. With the 2nd coming of cockers, specific PL bodies/guns have gotten to stupid prices. The want doesn't always match the will or bank account.

Now, ressurrections, other than Inception Designs bodies, i don't know many PL or different bodies available. But getting a base Empire gun and putting on a few parts that will improve it for you is a cheaper and easier way. If you want to build a cocker, it is not for the feint of heart. And building the gun, you have a whole host of options, theories and biases towards and requires a separate post.
    Well, I ended up buying an Inception Design body kit last night. Its a mini autococker kit. Loved this design over the others I searched amd looked at. It will be a slow build process. I can't drop alot of money all at once, even if i went the Resurrection route.

I'll be logging my build in a post. First one I've done like this keeping a log of it. Should be fun.

Well, I ended up buying an Inception Design body kit last night. Its a mini autococker kit. Loved this design over the others I searched amd looked at. It will be a slow build process. I can't drop alot of money all at once, even if i went the Resurrection route.

I'll be logging my build in a post. First one I've done like this keeping a log of it. Should be fun.
    Excellent choice.

You have breeched tbe first step in addiction, buying something you always wanted on a whim.

Ok, i am unsure whether or not you need a valve tool, but if the valve is 9/16ths, you won't. The 7/16ths valves you do. So look at which valve and then start looking.

Caveat - i am a believer, a supporter of Inception Designs(ID), so going with any of their parts is a solid first choice.

Since you are building the gun, you have time to decide on what you want to put on it. So choices of slider(my choice) or swing, 45 or 86 frame; i would highly suggest that you at least hold a complete gun with each frame, if not shoot them. This is a tallnorder as not everyone has access. Also, sliders and swing triggers have a totally different feel. I personally can not shoot swing frames fast, but have not tried the new ID swing frames yet.

Many people will have opinions on whether or not you should go classic pneumatics or new. I will go new, more to the fact that when old units die, you generally have to pay a premium to get that exact replacement. So a new build, i would go with the ID frontblock. Not only are they well built, but user serviceable.

But the one thing that ID does is, you can get everything you need; the one stop shop. So the eye covers, the screws, the hoses, everything you need.

So, tell us where your thoughts on it, after getting the body kit.

Excellent choice.

You have breeched tbe first step in addiction, buying something you always wanted on a whim.

Ok, i am unsure whether or not you need a valve tool, but if the valve is 9/16ths, you won't. The 7/16ths valves you do. So look at which valve and then start looking.

Caveat - i am a believer, a supporter of Inception Designs(ID), so going with any of their parts is a solid first choice.

Since you are building the gun, you have time to decide on what you want to put on it. So choices of slider(my choice) or swing, 45 or 86 frame; i would highly suggest that you at least hold a complete gun with each frame, if not shoot them. This is a tallnorder as not everyone has access. Also, sliders and swing triggers have a totally different feel. I personally can not shoot swing frames fast, but have not tried the new ID swing frames yet.

Many people will have opinions on whether or not you should go classic pneumatics or new. I will go new, more to the fact that when old units die, you generally have to pay a premium to get that exact replacement. So a new build, i would go with the ID frontblock. Not only are they well built, but user serviceable.

But the one thing that ID does is, you can get everything you need; the one stop shop. So the eye covers, the screws, the hoses, everything you need.

So, tell us where your thoughts on it, after getting the body kit.
    9/16 and 7/16? I thought it was 9/16 for older cockers (2k style bodies and prior) and 11/16 for the newer bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    9/16 and 7/16? I thought it was 9/16 for older cockers (2k style bodies and prior) and 11/16 for the newer bodies.

From someone posting on another thread of mine, it's 11/16 IIRC.

Sorry, i got that wrong. Was thinking of something different. 9/16th & 11/16th valves

Nice choice! I just built an inception cocker myself. In fact I’ve assembled the entire thing and was waiting on a 3-way actuator rod, which arrived just in time for me to go on a business trip...so it’s the one missing link lol.

I’m also a tinkerer. I go back and forth between cockers and mags to this day. It really just depends on my flavor of the week, I suppose.

Great choice. There's nothing quite like building a cocker in order to scratch the tinkerer's itch.

Quote Originally Posted by stircrazzzy View Post
    Nice choice! I just built an inception cocker myself. In fact I’ve assembled the entire thing and was waiting on a 3-way actuator rod, which arrived just in time for me to go on a business trip...so it’s the one missing link lol.

I’m also a tinkerer. I go back and forth between cockers and mags to this day. It really just depends on my flavor of the week, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Great choice. There's nothing quite like building a cocker in order to scratch the tinkerer's itch.
    Awesome, you two!! We'll have to trade build notes once I start planning my build!

Alright yall,

Here's a little update. I sent the parts off to Blizzard to anodize my autococker. Here's the link to my build thread on MCB.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...wstr-born.html

I wanted to update everyone here on the build. I just chatted with Rob at Blizzard Paintball. My Texas TWSTR is done!! Should be shipped out Monday. Here is the result from Rob's great work.

Here is the picture I sent him for my inspiration.

Here is Rob's great craftsmanship!!

Looking great!! He did a fantastic job on it. Can't wait to see the finished product.

That is awesome what he did from that picture. I would like mag done like that!
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Just s3nd here with all the parts. I will put it together & tune it for you

Mech mag, Emag, pneumag, and a G6R just for ****s and grins

Quote Originally Posted by Taco303 View Post
    Mech mag, Emag, pneumag, and a G6R just for ****s and grins
    I have a couple mech mags, 2 Emags, and going to eventually work on putting together a pneumag. No G6R, but I do have a Shocker RSX that had been updated with the XLS software.

Project I'm working on at the moment will be the autococker that I'm waiting to get shipped back since anno is done.

Alright, alright, alright. Be on the lookout.....I'm going to put this dude up for sale. I had my fun and really want
    someone to play and appreciate this one of a kind marker. I will be selling it as it sits in the last picture. I haven't tested it or tuned it. Haven't had time. Plus, my other collection is more important to me and I have taken up R/C crawling hobby again.

Appraisals are appreciated.