Thread: ULT and Input Pressure

ULT and Input Pressure

Well I got frustrated reading all the posts on the ULT sticky. Just want to know if input pressure from the tank, specifically higher pressure 900+, affects the ULT on/off the same as it does the RT on/off? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dstud I have a micromag with an xvalve (ult installed) running an AA Armageddon reg. so that I can dial it to whatever pressure I want to and honestly it seems to me that it reacts the same as an rt on/off at any pressure setting. I'm sure that the experts will chime in soon and say otherwise but I can't tell that pressure makes difference between the two. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoman View Post
    Dstud I have a micromag with an xvalve (ult installed) running an AA Armageddon reg. so that I can dial it to whatever pressure I want to and honestly it seems to me that it reacts the same as an rt on/off at any pressure setting. I'm sure that the experts will chime in soon and say otherwise but I can't tell that pressure makes difference between the two. My 2 cents.
    Thank you for the insight Magoman.

I run my single trigger build with a ULT & First strike hero 77/4500 with high pressure spring @950 psi that’s what my gauge reads, anyhow with proper ULT shimmering the trigger is very nice with a tiny bit of re-activity but easily one shot per pull operation.

I run a ULT with 900 psi and can set it up to r/t or not. No r/t at 2 shims and alot of r/t at like 5 shims.

The issue is not whether you can or can't do it. The ULT is simply an adjustable on/off with a very small pin to reduce the pull. In all other aspects it it still an on/off assembly and the gun still has a reactive trigger design. If you increase input you are going to get more reactivity out of the on/off. The issue with the ULT is that the pin is very thin and is made of two pieces. Push that pin too hard and you break it...
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The issue is not whether you can or can't do it. The ULT is simply an adjustable on/off with a very small pin to reduce the pull. In all other aspects it it still an on/off assembly and the gun still has a reactive trigger design. If you increase input you are going to get more reactivity out of the on/off. The issue with the ULT is that the pin is very thin and is made of two pieces. Push that pin too hard and you break it...
    Ah ok, that answers the rest of what I was wondering. Thank you.