Thread: Lightning micromags ?

Lightning micromags ?

Just wondering how many have been accounted for?

Thanks

If I remember correctly there were only like 6 made.

But that a question for Forest.

6 Lightning and 6 red-hued Armageddons that no one has ever seen after Forest shipped them to Europe. When Riot sold 2 he shared this info:

Originally Posted by tracy_ptp
    Hi Chris - Forest here - Good to hear from you. Absolutely true. Back story: A family run mid-West anodizing company was trying to break into the paintball market and two of the top guys flew to Florida to meet with us (since we were pretty high profile on the graphic ano side at the time...). We were already firmly committed to PK, but I described a a couple of concepts that were a bit more "sci-fi" and not really in the PK wheelhouse. One of the brothers was a very talented designer/artist/craftsman and came up with the "Lightning" and "Armageddon" patterns - six of each. If I recall correctly, they were done just before the Mayhem Masters and we took many of them to that event, were I believe we sold what we had taken with us. Tracy may recall the exact number, but there are a number of them (considering only 12 total to start between the two patterns) that have made it back to the U.S. - and kind of just popped up over the past few years. Now the "kicker": We wanted more done but by then the brother with the artistic skills (and temperament) had moved on to building fine furniture and had no interest in the family business - so no more were ever done... Hope that helps to clarify it a bit. Very, very rare... Regards - Forest

Anyways, Fatalswoop has 2, one of which is the probably the most complete out there and was the one previously owned by Riot, RobertSr and Jeebus. Not sure who his other one came from. I know where Riot's other Lightning went and am waiting to make a move on it (the SFL acquisition delayed that along with XMT bodies). So half I can account for as photos by the owners were shared with me. Fatalswoop, who has probably 50 actual Micromags, may perhaps know more on the others.
    Last edited by Walking Stick; 08-29-2019 at 11:10 PM.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

Oh, if you want it done the original company that did them was The Electrolizing Corporation located in Cleveland, OH. They have quoted others $1000+ to recreate that style (clear ano over airbrushing) but if they could even do it now the original artists may no longer be there.

Thanks for the info, I prompted the question because I just purchased one in a lot on eBay the other day and was wondering if it was possible that there were still a few out in the wild. The way the seller described the listing makes me think its one that hasn't been "found" until now. I'll try uploading some pics on here/FB when I get it in hand

Yes, definitely post pics! It'd be interesting to see what all matching pieces it has. For instance, there once was one posted here on AO years ago with an aftermarket black double trigger frame and whose original frame was probably the one randomly found by an MCBer on eBay (again over a decade ago).

Yeah, as I told the OP a few days ago, it is indeed the 4th one that's popped up, out of 6 white Lightning. Riot sold his first one, I picked up his complete one, then I grabbed the "almost-complete" one from another owner who has been holding it for years. So that's 3 that were known to exist. The eBay one is the 4th one that has finally surfaced and I believe has not been previously "found" by anyone on MCB or FB. I do believe there's a partial 5th one that's been around quite a few years back, and I've seen pics of it. Which leaves 1 more white Lightning completely unaccounted for.