Thread: Need help identifying and with a price please - Minimag

Need help identifying and with a price please - Minimag

This is sold to a member of the forum! Thanks for everyone's help.

-----------------------------------------------
    Hi everyone - first post on the forum.

I hope you can help. I stopped playing a few years ago, with babies, new business and other boring stuff getting in the way. Used to play with Sosta's lot in the early 00's

My emag/warp combo left a long time ago, so I decided to dig out my other stuff and see if it might find a better home. I have a minimag, alien splash, with original barrel in mint condition. I am not sure it has cycled more than 5000 times. I also have a 16 inch Armson ported stealth barrel, black and a Retro valve fitted to the minimag. Then a bunch of spares kits, for minimag, retro valve and believe it or not a lvl 10 upgrade kit for emag.

If anyone can finish the identifying (model minimag??) and help with a price then I can keep to the rules here and ask a fair price on the classifieds board.

Thanks very much!

PS. excuse the dirty grips :/
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by dinodelides; 01-23-2020 at 05:45 AM.

Smile

Welcome to AO! What a treasure of a marker you've unearthed.

This is a generation 4 micromag, identified here:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/show...ures-amp-Specs

I'm not sure the value, especially since it has the original valve and a retro valve, but you'll get some more replies here. I'll also ask around. This marker has a few value add things going for it that attract collectors. It will get a lot of attention and can sell quickly.

The general consensus from the fb groups is $350-450, which sounds about right.

I consider it a seller's market for mint rare markers right now, so I generally suggest starting on the higher end with a high price. It only takes one buyer afterall. It may take a while to sell, but you can always lower the price.

You may also start to get blasted with private messages from many users offering to buy it and a price. I'm not sure if you're able to PM yet. You may need to post to a few more threads before it activates. Completely up to you if you accept an offer and work through sale details, though I recommend getting multiple appraisals first before committing to a deal. Stick to payment through PayPal, and don't let anyone gift you the funds. PayPal intends to protect all parties from scamming, but it can't if it's a gifted transaction. Factor in ~3% for PayPal's cut.

Lastly, no harm in keeping it and going back out to the paintball field. Paintball is a great activity with the kids, assuming they're not still babies. A lot of folks, myself included, are returning from a long hiatus. It may be even more fun for me now than it was back then!

Cheers. This is a good community if you have any questions about your automag or paintball in general. Hope you stick around, even if you sell off this gem. Good luck!
    Last edited by Xyxyll; 09-09-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Pretty much just to add to the above. It's a Gen4 Alien Micromag. Price of around $360-380 would be fair for it (considering that both valves will need a full rebuild at around $50). Unfortunately, it's missing the original matching VASA, which are pretty much impossible to find in a matching color scheme. If you're interested in selling it, let me know, I collect Micromags : )

Xyxyll's assessment is spot on, especially the part about getting back out there and playing! Good luck either way.

Hi Xyxyll

Thanks for the note, the advice, the assessment and the encouraging words. I played a lot when I could, and I am sure I will get back into it. Looking forward to starting that from scratch when the business settles down, but with an ''adult'' budget . I will stick to mechanicals - had my fair share of electros and where is the romance eh? I think I would like to good long time putting together a custom mag, so I can go to the field show the young 'uns I still got it with my 'dinosaur' marker.

Hi Fatalswoop,

Thanks for chiming in on this - I appreciate it. I will list the whole lot soon - someone will get the armson stealth barrel as a nice bonus, and all the spares kits bits (I have no use for them). I will let you know for sure when I put it up for sale.

Cheers Magoman!