Thread: Pneumag question - angel frames?

Pneumag question - angel frames?

Got this in a lot of stuff over the weekend.

Gonna take it apart to see if the holes line up and I could maybe use it for a pneumag build...

I noticed a lot of people use angel frames... is there a list of what frames are good for these builds and which aren’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it depends somewhat on what tools you have and what mag parts you're planning to use it with, most Angel frames I've encountered are NOT ideal for pneumags. The first issue is that they're too long to use on non-RT length rails, so you either have to mill down the front or only use the frame on longer rails. The second, bigger issue is that there isn't enough material at the top to easily mount a piston. The right side of the frame is fine, but the left side is usually wide open. So, if you're planning to use the standard Clippard MPA-3 piston, you would have to build some sort of bracket.

Just to give you an idea of how extensive the work can be, here's a clip of a bracket I made for someone here. (I think I charged him $75 + shipping for the work.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMxmBWMi2vA

There are a few Angel frames that do have material on both sides that you can use to mount the piston, but those are rare.

On the bright side, Angel frames are relatively easy to use for mech frame conversions. All you need is a drill, a hacksaw, and maybe some files.

Why don't you send it to Brad Potter (east coast angel) and let him fix it ?

I thought of that... unsure if I need another money pit gun though... after all... I’m into mags lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always toss it up on eBay and see what happens. Angels still have a loyal following.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    You can always toss it up on eBay and see what happens. Angels still have a loyal following.
    Angel forum on Pbnation.