Thread: Switched rails now having issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Switched rails now having issues

Hello, I went from a stock rail to a Luke's costume gamma rail and now when I gas up the gun, x Valve it goes crazy just shooting . Have a nummech trigger with an intelliframe if any of that matters. any help would be very much appreciated.

Did you install the rail bushing when you switched out the rails?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Did you install the rail bushing when you switched out the rails?
    Yes

I would first go back to the stock rail and make sure everything still works right like that. It's possible something else is going on, and the rail change is just a coincidence.

If everything works right with the stock rail, I would then look at the gap between the trigger and the sear arm. There should be a small gap (about the width of a credit card) when the marker is aired up. Otherwise the trigger can cause problems.

update: switched rails back. i believe its a sear adjustment issue i think i had it to far in on the lukes rail which caused it to stick. going to switch it again. and probably have to adjust it some more. will give another update when i do . thanks everyone for the input

You need gap between the sear rod end and back of the trigger (when aired up) about the thickness of a credit card

Quote Originally Posted by PhrostPhreek01 View Post
    Hello, I went from a stock rail to a Luke's costume gamma rail and now when I gas up the gun, x Valve it goes crazy just shooting . Have a nummech trigger with an intelliframe if any of that matters. any help would be very much appreciated.
    Did you get it figured out?

I'm having some strange issues with mine too. Had a tac one that was functioning perfectly and switched to the full length tac one looking rail. The trigger rod stuck out further so that there was no space between the rod and trigger (intelliframe; stock blade trigger). After adjusting the rod so that there is a tiny gap, the gun won't shoot. I don't think it is pushing the on/off pin in enough. Need to buy and try out a longer on/off pin and see what happens.

Sounds like your trigger rod is still incorrectly adjusted.

The Hybrid rail is essentially an Automag rail so the trigger rod shouldn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by RossT View Post
    I'm having some strange issues with mine too. Had a tac one that was functioning perfectly and switched to the full length tac one looking rail. The trigger rod stuck out further so that there was no space between the rod and trigger (intelliframe; stock blade trigger). After adjusting the rod so that there is a tiny gap, the gun won't shoot. I don't think it is pushing the on/off pin in enough. Need to buy and try out a longer on/off pin and see what happens.
    Is your rail a Hybrid Rail?

Suffice to say, because Luke could not follow AGD spec, any time you use a Luke rail, you will experience a problem. You loose the reliability, you loose the flexibility of swapping parts with any AGD product(except for the classic RT), and you just plain loose. Its sad to say, but the truth is, Luke's new rails changed the geometry of the sear and you will have nothing but problems.

PhrostPhreek and Ross, contact me about making arrangements to send in your markers, I'll gladly take a look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Suffice to say, because Luke could not follow AGD spec, any time you use a Luke rail, you will experience a problem. You loose the reliability, you loose the flexibility of swapping parts with any AGD product(except for the classic RT), and you just plain loose. Its sad to say, but the truth is, Luke's new rails changed the geometry of the sear and you will have nothing but problems.
    Oh come on. That statement is not only wrong but extremely inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Come on Nobody, you've already been down this road before. Luke has put up disclaimers and items to look out for on his site. We're lucky and fortunate that Luke does take the time to respond to people with issues to try to get their stuff working again.

Just as your title under your name says, "Nobody's Perfect". Remember that.