Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switched rails now having issues

Quote Originally Posted by Xyxyll View Post
    I think I understand why you're frustrated, but I think you're perceiving Luke's design choice to be a bigger issue than it is. Yes, everything north of the sear pin in the sear assembly MUST match AGD spec otherwise you're going to have serious issues. But the hybrid rails are fully complaint there! South of that sear pin however is a lot more flexibility. If there wasn't, then you'd never get a Benchmark frame to work. Benchmark frames reposition the sear rod in a rather weird orientation and often/always require a sear rod adjustment. Ever seen any of rawbutter's modded frames? None of those frames are even remotely close to AGD spec, yet they still work. There's a lot more room to play around south of the sear pin than you may realize.

The only currently incompatible product, at least that I know of, is the Nummech frames, and it's not fair to blame that only on LC. Both products are aftermarket and neither designer can be expected or responsible to know each other's design. Nummech's frames have a narrower gap than AGD frames. We're not calling foul about that. Both manufacturers have already talked and worked out a solution for products moving forward.

Instead of hating, can we not just applaud both Nummech and LC for making cool gas-through frames and automag-height RTP rails? This community is small, and I want to see it grow. Discouraging innovation isn't going to help us grow.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    dont pat him on the back too hard
    just poking fun dont want it to turn into anything new.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 10-10-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Ok, don't make me report this thread to the Mods.

Looks like Luke is standing behind his work as he should. I would expect nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    PhrostPhreek and Ross, contact me about making arrangements to send in your markers, I'll gladly take a look at them.
    No worries, we'll get it straighten out.

Did you get the marker in the mail yet?
    For all the rails Luke has sold, I haven't heard EVERYBODY *****ing how they suck and don't work.

If you want to talk about specs or argue with Luke feel free and start your own Thread.

Last edited by Beemer; 10-10-2019 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Ok, don't make me report this thread to the Mods.

Looks like Luke is standing behind his work as he should. I would expect nothing less.

For all the rails Luke has sold, I haven't heard EVERYBODY *****ing how they suck and don't work.

If you want to talk about specs or argue with Luke feel free and start your own Thread.

We already had a thread for that, and then Luke deleted it. #justsaying

Quote Originally Posted by Xyxyll View Post
    I think I understand why you're frustrated, but I think you're perceiving Luke's design choice to be a bigger issue than it is. Yes, everything north of the sear pin in the sear assembly MUST match AGD spec otherwise you're going to have serious issues. But the hybrid rails are fully complaint there! South of that sear pin however is a lot more flexibility. If there wasn't, then you'd never get a Benchmark frame to work. Benchmark frames reposition the sear rod in a rather weird orientation and often/always require a sear rod adjustment. Ever seen any of rawbutter's modded frames? None of those frames are even remotely close to AGD spec, yet they still work. There's a lot more room to play around south of the sear pin than you may realize.

The only currently incompatible product, at least that I know of, is the Nummech frames, and it's not fair to blame that only on LC. Both products are aftermarket and neither designer can be expected or responsible to know each other's design. Nummech's frames have a narrower gap than AGD frames. We're not calling foul about that. Both manufacturers have already talked and worked out a solution for products moving forward.

Instead of hating, can we not just applaud both Nummech and LC for making cool gas-through frames and automag-height RTP rails? This community is small, and I want to see it grow. Discouraging innovation isn't going to help us grow.
    I won't use benchmark frame. I think they are horrible in use and in function. I will never tell anyone to use one. There are better options and i really don't understand why people continue to use them.

Nummech, no practical experience with them. I know Ydna, but my personal relationship doesn't matter as i just don't need the parts. I don't see the need for the gas through frame. Hoses do not bother me. And those that do have those parts, have not told me directly of any problems. Other than horror stories of poorly finished parts or incompatible parts, from here, i don't have much of an opinion on them. Personally, if you want a double trigger frame, you have the Xframes from AGD(which everyone seems to forget) and the KAM designed 86 double trigger frames that no one seems to remember are available.

I don't discourage anyone. While i don't call it "innovation", to make versions of parts already designed(Luke's Z frame, who i gave the Z2 name to, BTW), i have never questioned anyone for making new anything. I question why people need to go against the foundations of established specifications, because they choose to. Did XMT decide to make his bodies not work with AGD rails? Did Deadlywind force you to make adjustments just because? No. There was established guidelines to work in.

I also have seen, through my own experiences, that on the second hand market, how a minor part like this can turn from warranty work from Luke to a headache for every buyer after that who does not have a clue that this adjustment HAS to be made. Since every other rail does not require this, why should anyone need to remember that THIS IS THE EXCEPTION? Too long have proprietary parts been forgotten, misplaced, and ignored over time. I just don't see the need to have 1 in a host of many. Besides, what is to say that Luke, like many other past work that he no longer offers, that this rail will go the way of his feedneck on stock bodies, or modifactions to make mmk9 mags work?

So no, you don't understand me. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me.

More!

Name:  changes ahead.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  27.0 KB

To be fair as AGD. I buy from Luke. I buy from Nummech, I buy from Keith. I also buy from CCM, Inceptions, Dye, Planet Eclipse and a few others. With all these designs there is always a possibility of deviation. I would say that I have had 99 percent success with all aftermarket parts by these companies. Add aftermarket anodizing into the fray and you create a whole other layer of issues. The simplest solution if you don't like a product is to not buy it. That will pretty much resolve itself.

In the mean time we (AGD), simply do not have the resources to build unlimited custom idea's for the Mags in 10's of colors and dozens of styles. I'd be willing to do that if someone wants to invest $1/2 a million. Until I get that phone call, its imperative that we rely on these other guys to make custom parts for AGD. And again, to be fair, they are "custom" parts.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

THANK YOU sandman for hopefully putting this wining to rest! To all of those who are continually making parts ( whether somebody, anybody, or nobody likes them) for the automag community, I say thank you!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magoman View Post
    THANK YOU sandman for hopefully putting this wining to rest! To all of those who are continually making parts ( whether somebody, anybody, or nobody likes them) for the automag community, I say thank you!!!!!
    whining*
    i can agree with most of what you are saying.

Both markers are up and running with their Hybrid rails..

Both markers are up and running with their Hybrid rails..
    Oh do tell how you had to fix them...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Oh do tell how you had to fix them...
    Mine ended up being user error on my end. When I changed the rail out, I also added a Nummech feedneck. When the gun wouldn't shoot, I adjusted the sear rod, changed all the o-rings, and oiled the hell out of the gun. None of that worked; so I assumed it was the rail when I saw that someone else had a problem with theirs.

It turns out the rail is perfectly fine. My empire feedneck adapter piece is a little too long so it was blocking the bolt in place. This is what it looked like. https://imgur.com/a/0s6RF1e

I had the wrong sear in and Luke teched my valve. I didn't notice my post got so much attention. Luke was very up front and stood behind his product insisted that I send it in to him to check. I love it and can't wait to get it in the field
    Last edited by PhrostPhreek01; 11-02-2019 at 01:44 PM.