Thread: Not markers, guns!

Not markers, guns!

I know there are some firearm enthusiasts lurking about, tell me about what you've been firing off lately!

I am itching to pick up something again, but like always I don't want to spend much. Been eyeing finally getting a glock 43 for the fun of it. I generally carry a Taurus 38 snub, but having a little glock wouldn't be a bad thing. The only other comparable small gun I've owned and carried was a ruger ec9s. It was easily carried and concealed, but I wasn't comfortable shooting it for beans. No clue why, but that's okay! Plenty of others to try out.

Not much of a fan of the striker fired system. Tried several glocks. Didn't care for them. Picked up one of the Steyr pistols thinking I would like it. Not really. It is ok at best. The triggers feel mushy to me. Cannot easily tell when they will break. I do like the sights on the Steyr.

Personally I am a fan of the 5.7 x 28 round. Love the FN FiveseveN. Recently picked up an AR that uses the FiveseveN mags. Nice to be able to switch mags between my pistol and rifle.

1911's for me, simple, easy to maintain and work on myself.

Either a CZ P10C or my trusty Glock 29 for edc

I have two .45's. One is an XD-S with the 4" barrel. The other is a 1911 Sig Scorpion. Both shoot tight groups.

Anything F.N.Herstal .

If I could find a Five Seven for reasonable....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    This. It's on the list, but I gotta want to spend the money and I'm not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Drifter View Post
    This. It's on the list, but I gotta want to spend the money and I'm not there yet.
    I'm there but I'm not going to pay retail for one.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    Not much of a fan of the striker fired system. Tried several glocks. Didn't care for them. Picked up one of the Steyr pistols thinking I would like it. Not really. It is ok at best. The triggers feel mushy to me.

Exactly this. I dont like striker systems. And I just cant stand polymer framed firearms. The triggers are ALWAYS mushy. I shot pretty much HK (USP/P30) exclusively for many years. I moved back to a Beretta (M9A3) recently. And have never been happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwitch View Post
    I moved back to a Beretta (M9A3) recently. And have never been happier.
    That's the one Jet Li dismantled in a split second in Lethal Weapon 4 .

Exactly this. I dont like striker systems. And I just cant stand polymer framed firearms. The triggers are ALWAYS mushy. I shot pretty much HK (USP/P30) exclusively for many years. I moved back to a Beretta (M9A3) recently. And have never been happier.
    Try the FN guns. I find they are nicely crisp

That's the one Jet Li dismantled in a split second in Lethal Weapon 4 .

Come take it then.

Also, thats not an A3. I thought you knew firearms, man?

Come take it then.

Also, thats not an A3. I thought you knew firearms, man?
    I know its a 93FS but that was a few years ago too.

Those guys are all just about in wheelchairs now.

Also, the pistol was purposely set up to be able to do that trick, as the disassembly pin was move/removed...

Nice try allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Also, the pistol was purposely set up to be able to do that trick, as the disassembly pin was move/removed...

Nice try allan.
    The disassembly lever was already turned down but it is an entirely possible move.

Could it be done before the weapon could be discharged, well thats the $64 dollar question, and likely why this was changed in later models.

I know its a 93FS but that was a few years ago too.

Those guys are all just about in wheelchairs now.

Jet Li has some kind of degenerative disease. He can barely even walk from what I understand.

Its worth noting that Beretta's are even harder to "slide grab" than almost any other pistol because of the open design.

Anything F.N.Herstal .

I am curious as to what you consider "reasonable"
    ......You know you want one!!

Jet Li has some kind of degenerative disease. He can barely even walk from what I understand.
    Its worth noting that Beretta's are even harder to "slide grab" than almost any other pistol because of the open design.
    CX4 Storm is the only Beretta I have, never even shot it, a friend needed money....

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    I am curious as to what you consider "reasonable"

Well by that I mean used at a used price, around here they seem to think used should be just barely cheaper than a new one, at least the ones I've run across.

$1200 for one with 2 extra mags and a little ammo ? No thank you !

CX4 Storm is the only Beretta I have, never even shot it, a friend needed money....

You owe it to yourself to go try a 92/96/M9. Incredibly smooth and accurate across the entire line. One of the few pistols out there not using a Browning action.

Just because I could, I recently took my cheap ruger 9e and shortened the grip, so now it's technically a SR9c with a full size slide. A compact long slide? Well I can use full size magazine still but my lovely state only allows 10 rounds in a magazine, so the compact grip works better for concealing and means I can use the same mags my PC9 takes in the same capacity.

In any case, I was bored and wanted to modify something lol. I have pics if anyone is interested.

I have been shooting mostly my wheel guns recently j/k/n frames. I am still shocked how good the trigger is on my 57 for being untouched since factory. I mix in my 1911's and M&P 9. But the M&P just doesn't have any soul like the steel guns. Keeping my Mausers and 12 Gauge tuned up for deer season is my weekend project. So glad I don't have to make many compromises when I go to the range.

Name:  3C6EA9F4-5E34-4B49-BFC6-8A274AD45096.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  131.0 KB

Name:  01DA6DCE-6AC0-45BC-954C-C9AE6A44B7EF.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:  01DA6DCE-6AC0-45BC-954C-C9AE6A44B7EF.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  107.6 KB

Its just so much fun to shoot. We take it out for range days and its a guaranteed ear to ear grin on whoever just emptied a mag with it.

I am jealous of that PS90 though. I've been eyeing a Bullpup/PDW of some sort for a while.
    Last edited by mobsterboy; 11-09-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    ... I've been eyeing a Bullpup/PDW of some sort for a while.
    Im a fan of them. Built this one for plinking with all KIDD parts. Also did the Cerakote job.

on Flickr

I too am a huge fan of the bullpup style gun. At one point I was up to 3 Steyr AUGs as they are typically the one in most demand among my friends to shoot. I am down to one shooter and one I will never shoot (it is a factory prototype).

I also have 2 Tavor (1 in 223/556 and 1 in 9mm with an integral suppressor).

If you are wanting functionality go with the Tavor. If you want ergonomics go with the Steyr.

I too am a huge fan of the bullpup style gun. At one point I was up to 3 Steyr AUGs as they are typically the one in most demand among my friends to shoot. I am down to one shooter and one I will never shoot (it is a factory prototype).

I also have 2 Tavor (1 in 223/556 and 1 in 9mm with an integral suppressor).

If you are wanting functionality go with the Tavor. If you want ergonomics go with the Steyr.
    Here some of them are:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

And my current AR for competitions is a CMMG that takes FiveseveN mags:
    Attached Images Attached Images