Thread: ASA/forgrip interference. New rail or something else?

ASA/forgrip interference. New rail or something else?

So, got a body in today and swapped gas throughs with another member here but ran into a issue

ASA hits the macro fitting

So, 2 things, I'm thinking about replacing the rail anyway so is there an extended rail anyone would recommend?

And the vertical ASA, is there a shorter version out there?

I'm eventually going to move it to a intelli or x frame so keep that in mind when recommending things....I don't know if it makes a difference though

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Just lose the flame drop.

Ditch the drop and to to a Sidekick.

Not an option.

I run drops on everything and I am planning on doing things like the rail and frame to the mag anyway so I might as well done options that work

Run a single loop from the drop to the valve, skipping the extra potential leak points. I'd run it looped back, but that's generally the minority preference.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Run a single loop from the drop to the valve, skipping the extra potential leak points. I'd run it looped back, but that's generally the minority preference.
    I'll keep this in mind, it would work but I would really rather run through it, never been a big fan of looping the macro

What rails are out there that are extended?

And does a shorter Vasa even exist?

I'm a drop guy too, I love small compact setups. The Sidekick does that and gives me a more stable platform to fire from because it puts the back of the tank where it needs to be instead of low on the chest. It also takes minimal pressure (really none for me) to hold the marker at firing level with only your left hand on the foregrip. With a drop I always had to jamb the marker tight against my chest to keep at sight level ready to fire, with the Sidekick it just sits there with no effort. It is the ultimate drop.

Drop stays.

End of story.

I'm not here asking about the drop anyway, asking about the rail, Vasa and frame since those are the pieces that I was planning on replacing anyway

You wont find a shorter VASA that will work with that Automag foregrip extender.

Only 24 long 9.1" (Classic) Automag rails have ever been made/sold.

Nothing to worry about when switching out grip frames.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You wont find a shorter VASA that will work with that Automag foregrip extender.

Only 24 long 9.1" (Classic) Automag rails have ever been made/sold.

Nothing to worry about when switching out grip frames.
    Thank you, next question,

If I'm ditching the extender, what options are out there for a shorter Vasa? And what would be to happen to make them work? If the mounts are different in assuming the rail won't work either

And I'm not really looking for in specific a classic rail, I'm open to just about anything that would work with my setup

Quote Originally Posted by trbo323 View Post
    Thank you, next question,

If I'm ditching the extender, what options are out there for a shorter Vasa? And what would be to happen to make them work? If the mounts are different in assuming the rail won't work either

And I'm not really looking for in specific a classic rail, I'm open to just about anything that would work with my setup

You can go to a factory RTP ASA but to use it on the Automag rail above you will need a foregrip slot to mount it or properly spaced holes recessed to clear the screw heads. I'm out of the mod business so I have no clue where you can get that done.
    You can switch to the RTP style rails but you will need the RTP sear and sear pin too.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You can go to a factory RTP ASA but to use it on the Automag rail above you will need a foregrip slot to mount it or properly spaced holes recessed to clear the screw heads. I'm out of the mod business so I have no clue where you can get that done.
    You can switch to the RTP style rails but you will need the RTP sear and sear pin too.
    Hell I would attempt that myself. The rail I have is pretty well beat to crap anyway. A few new holes are not going to make it look any worse

Have a link for the ASA? My google-fu seems to be lacking today in order to find one or even a photo of one

Go right to the Airgun Designs website https://www.airgundesigns.com/category-s/119.htm

Rtp = rt pro, got it

Easier to find now

So I assume there are rails out there that this ASA will work with out of the box, what should I be looking for if I wanted to do that?

Edit:

Unless I'm wrong, looks like this will work
    (Luke's custom rt pro extended rail)
    http://www.airgundesigns.com/product-p/001168.htm

I mean, once it's back in stock that is

Last edited by trbo323; 10-10-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Mag classifications are AM (Automag) RTP (RT Pro) EM (Emag) and RT (Classic) Many EM and RTP parts interchange.

Yes, you need an RTP type rail to mount a RTP VASA although I've made MANY AM rails with the foregrip slot to mount RTP VASA's (If you're buying used) I no longer support/manufacture Automag based parts, I've moved to strictly RTP based parts.

All of my rails come with a foregrip slot to mount RTP foregrips and VASA's.

That extended rail is a Teth 9.1" RTP type rail, no idea why the name was changed as I've made dozens of different styled 9.1" rails. I've also made many different styled Teth rails, made them from factory AM, RTP, and Emag rails (I no longer offer that service). I've also manufactured 3 different rails, AM, RTP and now Hybrid rails that are basically RTP's just sized differently. I'm currently only making the Hybrid version. They have been made in the AM length (8") and the RTP length (9.1") and many, many in between lengths made to customer spec.

Hey thanks Luke

Am I able to order direct or do I have to go through the agd page?

Also, are you still doing custom stuff? If so, is there a ballpark price? Really my ideal setup would be a 9.1 or longer rail that angles the Vasa back (so I keep the angle that I currently have on it with the extension) without having to use a adaptor so the Vasa can be mounted direct to the rail

Almost all my rails are out of stock but you can check out my website to see some of the designs. (See link at the top of the forums) Although I haven't advertised it (most people just ask) I am taking pre orders for rails. After I get some more orders I'll do another run. I'm just neck deep in a big project so I've been putting the rails off until there's a demand, squeaky wheel and all.
    Last edited by luke; 10-10-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Am I able to order direct or do I have to go through the agd page?
    I am a retailer, check out my website.

Also, are you still doing custom stuff?
    I no longer do one-off jobs, but can be coerced on occasion to make changes on rails, just depends on the ask.

If so, is there a ballpark price?
    No prices in the main forum, plus it depends on the details.

Really my ideal setup would be a 9.1 or longer
    You wont find a longer one, no one make's them.

rail that angles the Vasa back
    I have RTP angled VASA's in stock.

(so I keep the angle that I currently have on it with the extension) without having to use a adaptor
    I made a small rrun of RTP FG extenders (angled forward and reverse) but they never caught on so they were discontinued after the first batch. Probably be easiest to change the VASA to an angled one.

ASA/forgrip interference. New rail or something else?

Edit: for some reason I didn’t see all the responses to this... so sorry if I’m repeating anything:

You could also get a longer foregrip extender...

Another option is Maybe go with a different ASA... I was thinking maybe a pops... that would maybe give you clearance and allow you to go with a straight fitting as opposed to a 90 degree...

Problem here is you’d have to try a bunch of different ones out.

I could be wrong... but I don’t think an intelli would make much difference... again... like the asa suggestion... you’d have to have the parts on hand too see how it would change things...

3rd option... you clearly like drops... maybe find a drop slightly shorter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
    :

You could also get a longer foregrip extender...

Another option is Maybe go with a different ASA... I was thinking maybe a pops... that would maybe give you clearance and allow you to go with a straight fitting as opposed to a 90 degree...
    I'm thinking of doing this basically by going with a Luke rail

So far here is my plan

Luke extended rail, rt pro angled Vasa

The ASA will hopefully pull the grip up and the rail itself will move it forward even more

I might do something like a pops down the road but I'm working with a budget at the moment so the cp will have to stay for now

All my Angels and Automags get a Luke's drop kick and a Bob Long cam drive asa.