Thread: Tunavalve Troubles

Tunavalve Troubles

I have the .5 carrier and 2 shims with gold spring. It fires but i have to tap it to get bolt back set. Boom, hit it, click, and boom. Repeat.

I've tried 3 shims, no shims. Turned up and down velocity.

I tried the next carrier bigger and starts to leak some down barrel.

I've read the level 10 tuning guide and nothing is working.

I have it all on a Phoenix body, teth 9.1 rail, mp90 frame.

Help!

If you want to send it in I'll take a look(?)

I will assume that you have the field strip bolt finger tight? If so, tighten it up further, like a quarter turn plus. You don't have to torque it down, but it may need a little more than your fingers. I had the same issue on my EP body with just an Xvalve, so this sounds similar.

Oil the crap out of it.....

Is this trouble because it isn't broken in yet and pretty stiff? I'll try oiling it more to make sure everything is slick. It has just been sitting in a case while I worked on other projects.

I'm not saying this is the problem or oiling it will solve your problem. Truth is, I tend to make a bigger issue of it than it needs to be when most of the time oiling it does the trick. How many times have you heard guys on here say "mags love oil".

Try a red spring at least temporarily...this will provide a bit more reset energy. You may be on the very edge of being too tight for the carrier, but too far to use the next size. Once that carrier oring wears in a bit you may be able to go back to the gold spring.
    Typically adding a shim will knock out that issue too, but not always especially if it's a tight carrier oring.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Put the valve in a stock mag and try it.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Put the valve in a stock mag and try it.
    Well I changed the rail and body to a ULE body and an h2 Armada with the TunaValve. Fires and cycles fine. No boom, hit, click and boom. Just bang, bang, bang. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    Well I changed the rail and body to a ULE body and an h2 Armada with the TunaValve. Fires and cycles fine. No boom, hit, click and boom. Just bang, bang, bang. lol
    You see now that you are being forced to troubleshoot a problem that shouldnt be there. This is not funny. You now know where the issue lies. Keep swapping parts until you find the one part(or more) that doesnt work with AGD parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    You see now that you are being forced to troubleshoot a problem that shouldnt be there. This is not funny. You now know where the issue lies. Keep swapping parts until you find the one part(or more) that doesnt work with AGD parts.
    I was just laughing at what I typed about the bang part. The issue is sure not funny. I'll have more time this weekend to swap pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    I was just laughing at what I typed about the bang part. The issue is sure not funny. I'll have more time this weekend to swap pieces.
    I wasnt criticizing YOU for laughing, I meant to say that the fact that there are parts floating around that don't work...that is not too funny. It's sad for everyone. Some new kid gets a sweet looking new mag and cant get it to work...I feel his pain.