Thread: Where to get anodizing done?

Where to get anodizing done?

I need to get one mag rail, a standard back bottle rail, anodized. Is there a recommended place for small batch, one piece orders at a reasonable price that you AOers would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking for a simple one color anodization or multi or color match?

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    Are you looking for a simple one color anodization or multi or color match?
    Just a simple one color

PCT just did fantastic work for me. Great price and done within a month. You'll see it for next months MOTM

Blizzard did a great job on a cocker project I'm doing.

Mario at FX Anodizing.

https://www.facebook.com/FXAnodizing

Forgot to shout out to Arc Anodizing too. I've had them do 3 projects of mine and I've been really happy with each one. I just used PCT for the first time and he did a top notch job too. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I got it lined up now. Have a Happy Nee Year everyone.

Ahh this is great, just signed on today to ask the same question. Looks like FX anodizing is the place for more colorful splash type ano these days?

looking to get something pretty wild done.

Caustic Customs has always done just a spectacular job for me. He has some pretty unique techniques that he utilizes if you want to go all out, and even some of the guys who have gotten just single color finishes with Caustic, he really takes his time and wants it all to be right. I can't recommend him enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    Caustic Customs has always done just a spectacular job for me. He has some pretty unique techniques that he utilizes if you want to go all out, and even some of the guys who have gotten just single color finishes with Caustic, he really takes his time and wants it all to be right. I can't recommend him enough.
    hes the DaVinci of anodizing. You won't find a better artist out there. I asked for a pattern on my Shocker that I really regretted after sending it in (black faded to red acid wash with black splash) and thought it was going to come out like crap....Caustic took that iffy idea and turned it into something gorgeous. There are some really good anodizers out there, but hes the grand master. You just gotta be willing to pay a well deserved premium.

Name:  80433000_2599172216872277_1262527691316264960_n.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  55.3 KB

That is by far my favorite ano pattern ever. That shocker looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Xazhe View Post
    That is by far my favorite ano pattern ever. That shocker looks awesome!
    Thanks, Xazhe!

Just packaged up a RT Classic for anodizing. I'm going with Arc Anodizing. I never used them before, but I'm excited to see what Ryan can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Just packaged up a RT Classic for anodizing. I'm going with Arc Anodizing. I never used them before, but I'm excited to see what Ryan can do.

Ryan at Arc Anodizing just did this one for me, 3rd build I've sent him. He does real quality work, can't wait to see what he does with your RT Classic!
    Name:  mag4.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  101.7 KB

Damn, that came out really nice. I think these current anodizers are eclipsing what PK selective did back in the day.

Here is the autococker I had done by Blizzard Paintball

Having used blizzard twice and having issues both times I cannot recommend them despite their reputation.

First anno experience issue - Parts came back with discoloring in areas, some parts were different shades of the same solid color, scratches from sanding easily visible and a piece came back from a different marker (wrong feedneck lever)

2nd anno experience issue - Parts came back with several pieces not even anodized (sent back and had it done, another 2 month process), color was off from the request due to 'they cannot color match other anodizers colors' yet they literally did the first color a few months before then so apparently they cant match there own colors (a sample of their own work was included), had to send the same emails numerous times with full parts list and color request 'It went missing apparently several times' and yet parts came back still anodized the wrong colors (I literally wrote out every single part and put the color next to it, described the part if i felt it was needed etc. I tried to make the entire thing as easy as possible).

For having a great reputation they really chapped my ass. I was told my next anodizing project would be super discounted but id rather spend extra coin and use someone else (Which i currently am with two other markers).
    Last edited by digital sol; 01-24-2020 at 11:01 AM.