Thread: ULT and Pressure input

ULT and Pressure input

So I have a Pro V2 SHP reg on my tank that I use for my Tac One with standard rt on/off. On my new setup I am building I will be running an xvalve with ULT. What pressure range should I look for to run a ULT and not get any bounce but still be able to shim for some bounce if wanted or needed. Will 850 psi be a good middle of the road pressure to go for, maybe the AGD/powerhouse reg? Or lower like 700 to 650 psi, say like a Pro V2 adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ULT's were designed for 750 to 850. Lowers pressures will just cause the gun to feel "sloppy". This is generally typical of all mags at a lower pressure. Higher pressures you run the risk of damaging the ULT pin. ULT's are a very delicate two piece pin set, that are loctited together. I'm not saying you can't run the ULT at high pressure. People do. I'm saying it wasn't designed for SHP input. People do all kinds of things with mags they they were not designed for......That's what makes them fun. But the pinset is expensive. If you run SHP I suggest stock on/off always.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    ULT's were designed for 750 to 850. Lowers pressures will just cause the gun to feel "sloppy". This is generally typical of all mags at a lower pressure. Higher pressures you run the risk of damaging the ULT pin. ULT's are a very delicate two piece pin set, that are loctited together. I'm not saying you can't run the ULT at high pressure. People do. I'm saying it wasn't designed for SHP input. People do all kinds of things with mags they they were not designed for......That's what makes them fun. But the pinset is expensive. If you run SHP I suggest stock on/off always.
    So the output on the AGD powerhouse reg would be just fine to tune a ULT to have no bounce/reactivity? That’s basically what I am getting at. My Tac one has the stock rt on/off with .760 pin. It has a very nice snappy semi shoot or can rip a hell of a string with bounce using the shp reg. I have been planning on getting a 2nd tank reg and want to pick the best reg option for my ULT setup which sounds like the AGD powerhouse reg.

Well I ordered an AGD powerhouse haymakr this morning and an hk aerolite 68/4500 tank. I guess we will find out next week how it goes.

I had always run mine with tanks in the 800 to 850 psi range, properly tuned with a good trigger you'd have a walkable but still controlled ROF. ULT tigger'd Mags are still my favorite way of shooting them, Overgass'd RTs and Battery powered E-Mags were never my "jam". That Powerhouse reg looks sweet, can't wait to here your review of the gun + reg combo!
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

Quote Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post
    I had always run mine with tanks in the 800 to 850 psi range, properly tuned with a good trigger you'd have a walkable but still controlled ROF. ULT tigger'd Mags are still my favorite way of shooting them, Overgass'd RTs and Battery powered E-Mags were never my "jam". That Powerhouse reg looks sweet, can't wait to here your review of the gun + reg combo!
    Yeah I will definitely put up a review.