Thread: Modifying PTP sear

Modifying PTP sear

I guess I'm really just reaching out to Tuna for this question in regards to a problem I posted about awhile back. My problem was that I was getting runaway in my PTP emag. I've tried different valves, different bolts, and basically everything you guys have told me to do except swapping out the sear, mostly because I don't have a PTP sear to swap out. Now in the last post Tuna said that because they no longer made sears for the micro emag I would have to modify the new one they sell now to work in the micro e . My question is what are the modifications?

I think you are a little confused. There isn’t a different sear for ptp markers. Your looking for an emag sear. I do think generally that micro emags don’t have the brass bushing but I’m sure that can be drilled out easily.

No one has currently made modded sears for emags. Everyone kind of knows that at some point new sears will need to be made. Right now it’s kind of a dry spell to find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that's what Tuna was talking about as far as the brass bushing. He didn't elaborate on what needed to be done to it just that it needed modifying. Thanks captain, I knew I needed an emag sear just didn't realize the micros did not use the bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoman View Post
    Maybe that's what Tuna was talking about as far as the brass bushing. He didn't elaborate on what needed to be done to it just that it needed modifying. Thanks captain, I knew I needed an emag sear just didn't realize the micros did not use the bushing.
    The micromag emag bodies had a very narrow slot in the bottom. PTP DID make their own sear to fit it using a steel bushing. AGD emag sears wont fit. You have to grind down the AGD sear bushing until it fits in the slot. Then do your self a favor and tap the sear pin hole in the body to 1/4x20 so you can use a standard sear pin...or drill out to bushing to fit the PTP sear pin. Doing this will make the sear bushing very week. The PTP design sucks ass.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Magoman View Post
    I guess I'm really just reaching out to Tuna for this question in regards to a problem I posted about awhile back. My problem was that I was getting runaway in my PTP emag. I've tried different valves, different bolts, and basically everything you guys have told me to do except swapping out the sear, mostly because I don't have a PTP sear to swap out. Now in the last post Tuna said that because they no longer made sears for the micro emag I would have to modify the new one they sell now to work in the micro e . My question is what are the modifications?
    Take a close up picture of the tip of your sear where it catches the bolt...post it here.