Thread: Crownpoint Barrel for Centerfeed Automag

Crownpoint Barrel for Centerfeed Automag

Currently I’m using a docs adapter for my CF Automag. (**backstory-XMT converted a TL Jacko barrel into an AC barrel and freaked it, then I had it cerakoted matte black)

I want to use the AC Jacko barrel for my new XMT build. So question is, I have a Crownpoint L/R twist lock barrel I now want to use on the centerfeed body-Is there an easy DIY mod out there to make this happen?

I’ve read that you can drill a stop in the barrel, like the doc adapter, that allows you to use it for L/R/CF bodies, in the barrel itself, but this would eliminate the twist lock ability. Is this the only modification out there? Or is there a way to retain the twistlock capability and change the barrel to CF?

I only ask because the crownpoint I want to use is cerakoted to match the CF body I want to put it on. If all else fails or the costs of modification is too high I’ll find a different barrel for the new XMT build...but I really don’t want to...the struggle is real...

Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could have a new slot cut and fill the old slot in with jb or something of the sort. generally yes you would lose the locking portion of the barrel. you could still twist it to stop the paint but it would pull out if you grabbed it and tried.

i have read that if it is a L/R barrel with the t slot and the hole lines up correctly when you push it straight in that you can drill an indention there for the twist lock pin to hold it centered.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    you could have a new slot cut and fill the old slot in with jb or something of the sort. generally yes you would lose the locking portion of the barrel. you could still twist it to stop the paint but it would pull out if you grabbed it and tried.
    Gotcha, I might mess around with it to see what I’m comfortable with doing myself. Not sure I’m fully committed to making any permanent changes before making this barrel CF only. I appreciate the help on this!

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    i have read that if it is a L/R barrel with the t slot and the hole lines up correctly when you push it straight in that you can drill an indention there for the twist lock pin to hold it centered.
    I wish the crownpoint I have had the t slot, mine is two separate slots. Thanks for the input!

It should have a slot that will line up with the opening vertical, you would just slide it in and not twist.

Yea, I see why you’re saying as I’m looking at it now and why you said it would just pull out. If I make that spot in the barrel slightly deeper to help hold it in place, you think it would hold up while firing-only thinking of the bolt “influencing” the barrel to come out of the deeper point that I drilled.