Thread: Is there some bad stigma with buying a gun from a dealer on a forum?

Is there some bad stigma with buying a gun from a dealer on a forum?

I wanted to put this out there and get some feedback.
    Recently I posted up some guns for sale in the dealers section. I am a dealer not just for AGD products but for much more including nice used equipment.
    I have really never tried posting up used guns in a dealer section before. I have used Ebay, but never used forums or Facebook for that matter.
    Online is taking over everything for sales so I figured I'd post up and give it a shot.
    Without any prior experience I had no anticipation of what to expect for activity.
    I've posted up 6 guns. Karni, LV1, Ego11, DSR, Luxe Ice and CS2.
    Now you can debate price, but none of may asking prices are out of range.
    What I had not expected was Zero activity, Zero response, Zero feedback.
    Literally not one of the listing has a post, nor have I received any private questions or offers.
    I find that rather strange and even a little disturbing.
    I can see if someone thinks the prices are too high, but I do state to start a conversation and I'm willing to talk. So if the prices are high, offers could be made.
    The listed guns are fairly common and readily bought sold and traded guns so it's not like I'm listing a broken Brass Eagle Stingray....although that might have better luck.
    These guns are also listed on Mcarterbrown with the exact same issue. Zero.
    I feel most of the activity on this site is from upstanding forum users and should be able to offer solid feedback.
    Help me out with a discussion. Why would the activity be Zero? Is there something to this I am missing about selling on a forum?
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

many people consider the dealer section to be intended for new products, for example luke customs and xmt producing runs of items.

most people keep there eyes to the other sections for markers or deals. If you take a look at some of the vintage guys on mcb you can tell they don't bother to pay attention to posting to the dealer section. i would recommend grouping the markers into a single or multiple posts, with multiple markers pull post in the same category. Believe it or not it generates more views and a single comment brings the entire post back to the front instead of requiring a comment on each.

+1 on what the bearded man said.
    I rarely check the dealer sections on any forum because I assumed it was for new stuff.

Interesting, I never considered New or Used as defining the dealer section. From my perspective as a dealer .......a dealer is dealer, new used or otherwise. But I guess that's not quite the situation on the forums.
    In just two posts...you guys have already helped!

One word.

PBNation.

Post them in their respective categories.

Lots of traffic over there.

And you can bump your listings back to the top every four hours.

Yeah it's highly possible you may get some knucklehead lowballs but just ignore them.

At some point you will see some movement.

Not a big pbnation person.....when you say perspective categories...is that new, used, or by the gun style..?
    I honestly never go on pbnation.

Going home is right on. I too am not a big fan of the nation but it is a very resourceful forum. Especially the BST section. They have categories for all the guns you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoman View Post
    Going home is right on. I too am not a big fan of the nation but it is a very resourceful forum. Especially the BST section. They have categories for all the guns you listed.
    I guess for 10+ years I come to the dealer section on AO to find deals on auto mags and new parts or reserve parts for automags. I seen your posts, I looked at the guns, prices were okay, but I come here specifically to score parts for my air gun design guns.

Just my 2cts.

From the same token, I go to mcarter brown for my rare brass and mech finds.

I had written the prices seemed high but now that I go back and review, unless you changed them from when I first saw them, They are pretty reasonable. Maybe except (in my opinion) the Karni.... May be because the wall hanger upkeep really doesn't add money IMO but I know others may place a high importance on such things.
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

If it isn't an Automag...well you know the rest!
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Not a big pbnation person.....when you say perspective categories...is that new, used, or by the gun style..?
    I honestly never go on pbnation.
    https://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

By category.

New

Electronic

Rare

Mechanical

Pump

I would set up your signature so viewers will know you are AGD / and a field owner before posting items.

You can bump them back to the top every 4 hours.

Also vintage/rare can be double posted in electronic, mech or ... And in rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    If it isn't an Automag...well you know the rest!
    I know, I know....why bother with anything else....LOL!

But I gotta get rid of these other guns somehow....
    Appreciate everyone's feedback. Not sure I wanna hang on PBnation......but it's all good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I know, I know....why bother with anything else....LOL!

But I gotta get rid of these other guns somehow....
    Appreciate everyone's feedback. Not sure I wanna hang on PBnation......but it's all good advice.
    Selling on Facebook BSTs for other markers seems to be the way of the now!