Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Deadlywind Collection

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269

    Deadlywind Collection

    Chord Build
    - Chord v2 Body
    - Nummech feedneck
    - Tuna valve
    - Luke's h2 Armada rail 9.1
    - RT Pro foregrip w/ red bike grip
    - Freak back with Teardrop front
    - RPG trigger frame w/ red Dye Sticky
    - Luke's Sidekick w/ WGP on/off



    Liking the look, just can't decide on the barrel choice.
    Last edited by jbtamu1011; 03-23-2020 at 09:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269
    DW Dallara Build.........saved

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269
    DW Karta Build......................saved spot.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Oak Lawn, IL, USA
    Posts
    247
    Hey jb, did you avoid making more beauty marks on that valve?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,117


    Welcome to the Deadlywind club. The first rule is thou must share many many photos.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    Hey jb, did you avoid making more beauty marks on that valve?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I haven't put anymore beauty marks on the ol tuna valve. I have been more careful

  7. #7
    Is that chord build getting a custom anno? Subscribed for more!
    RAWR
    Dallara Den <---- Jurassic Goo!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    Is that chord build getting a custom anno? Subscribed for more!
    Thinking on it. Going to take much thinking and time so I can get this right.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269
    Would a more simple anodize job be the best for such a busy body and rail? Maybe a fade?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    Would a more simple anodize job be the best for such a busy body and rail? Maybe a fade?
    Opinion Alert:
    Yes! Don't do anything fancy with a heavily sculpted body. The beauty of the body should be in the milling. A distracting anodize will pull away from it.

    I prefer a mostly one color acid wash or simple fades on these. No splashes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxyll View Post
    Opinion Alert:
    Yes! Don't do anything fancy with a heavily sculpted body. The beauty of the body should be in the milling. A distracting anodize will pull away from it.

    I prefer a mostly one color acid wash or simple fades on these. No splashes.
    Ok. I really don't want to mess with the black ano'd body as is. it's so perfect right now. How do I incorporate other pieces and colors but still keep the body black?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    Ok. I really don't want to mess with the black ano'd body as is. it's so perfect right now. How do I incorporate other pieces and colors but still keep the body black?
    Could do a Vertical Fade, or could just have a black and X Color scheme, where you are matching the black with another favorite complimentary color of choice.

    I always wanted to do a 2 color fade on a Chord build, but life has kinda taken over at the moment so most of my new builds went to the wayside.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West By God Virginia
    Posts
    3,259
    Only 1 ???

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    Only 1 ???
    Slow process. I've reserved spots for the other bodies/rails made by DW.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269
    Finally have the layout of my Chord. Just can't decide on the barrel to put on it that looks good. Once that is decided, annodize will be the next step eventually.

    Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    269
    Saved.....
    Last edited by jbtamu1011; 03-23-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •