Thread: Old Tac-one

Old Tac-one

Hello all. I have an old Tac-one that I used for many years for woodsball and last used for the 2012 Oklahoma DDay. It is a stock Tac-one with an X-valve and ULE trigger pull kit. I used it the way I recieved it and have changed nothing. I am dusting it off to throw paint with my teenage kids. I aired it up and it fires correctly but there is a leak at the ULE on/off (as far as I can tell). I have some replacement o-rings and replaced the on/off rings but no difference. I noticed if I fire it and hold the trigger the leak seems to go away. I know I can order o-ring replacement kits which I guess might fix it but because of time it sat on shelf am considering sending it in to get serviced. Just needing some advice from those with more experience. Also if I posted this in the wrong spot don't be too hard on me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by T$TILLMAN View Post
    Hello all. I have an old Tac-one that I used for many years for woodsball and last used for the 2012 Oklahoma DDay. It is a stock Tac-one with an X-valve and ULE trigger pull kit. I used it the way I recieved it and have changed nothing. I am dusting it off to throw paint with my teenage kids. I aired it up and it fires correctly but there is a leak at the ULE on/off (as far as I can tell). I have some replacement o-rings and replaced the on/off rings but no difference. I noticed if I fire it and hold the trigger the leak seems to go away. I know I can order o-ring replacement kits which I guess might fix it but because of time it sat on shelf am considering sending it in to get serviced. Just needing some advice from those with more experience. Also if I posted this in the wrong spot don't be too hard on me. Thanks.
    Did you replace the black ULT zero pull oring that seals the pin? I had a ult that would leak, after replacing all the orings it still leaked. It wasn't till I disassmbled the on/off that I saw the small black oring on the pin. That was the only one I didn't replace, after I swapped it out. The leak I couldn't get rid of went away

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That very o-ring would not come out of the housing without manipulation so I left it. I do have a replacement and will take it back apart and get it out and try that. Thanks.

That very o-ring would not come out of the housing without manipulation so I left it. I do have a replacement and will take it back apart and get it out and try that. Thanks.
    Carefully pull vertically the pin will come out. Just be careful with it, and take care not to bend it. That stupid thing made me nervous when trying to separate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    Carefully pull vertically the pin will come out. Just be careful with it, and take care not to bend it. That stupid thing made me nervous when trying to separate it.

No need to remove or take apart that pin to change that oring. If it doesnt leak when you hold the trigger back then your problem is not with the on/off assy. Check your L10 carrier size.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Tunaman, I kinda understand the parts of the marker and know what the carrier is but the carrier is the same as when new and I do not hear air leaking down the barrel. If it is the carrier size/o-ring there would it leak down the barrel? This marker has had zero issues before age set in so I have never worked on it. Although it is hard to find the exact location of the leak, when it is aired up it sounds like it is leaking above the grip/trigger at the sear assembly. Please understand I am not questioning your experience. Because I have little experience maintaining/repairing my Tac-one so I am at a loss. I have all the original carrier sizes and o-rings for them and I have my ULT kit.

At the expense of sounding like a dummy I guess I need a little more direction. I don't want to start replacing parts that maybe are not bad because then I may miss what the problem is. When I look at the Gun Parts on the Airgun Designs webpage and I look up o-ring kits I'm not sure what to look for. I guess my Tac-one is an RT ULE/RT PRO?

I have also looked at the sticky for Gun/Airsystem Maintenace and clicked on the RT Color Cutaway-Gun animations to get a better idea of things and I do not see any animations.

]You say in the above post that the gun does not leak when you hold the trigger back, therefore I can say your problem does not lie in the on/off assy. Other than that, if you cant fix it I will fix it for you. Just send it here.

At the expense of sounding like a dummy I guess I need a little more direction. I don't want to start replacing parts that maybe are not bad because then I may miss what the problem is. When I look at the Gun Parts on the Airgun Designs webpage and I look up o-ring kits I'm not sure what to look for. I guess my Tac-one is an RT ULE/RT PRO?
    yes.

Thank you for your responses. I do appreciate them. I emailed tuna@tunamart.com and I emailed your user name.

Thanks for the reply. Send it here. I replied to your email. Dont forget to send your L10 parts.

I emailed you.

Got you all done. Sent you an email. Thanks!